Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For showing the way.

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cosmopolite <[email protected]> wrote:

> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>
>> For showing the way.
>>

> I voted NDP. :)
>


then I'm not talkin' to you!
;)

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah guys, I give them one year. I'd go into it but it's way too late tonite.
In the last 50 years, 14 months(?) of PMs NOT from Quebec? It'll be short
lived.

Brad

"Backyard Mechanic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Cosmopolite <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>>
>>> For showing the way.
>>>

>> I voted NDP. :)
>>

>
> then I'm not talkin' to you!
> ;)
>
> --
> Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
> you pay..DEAL with it!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The NDP didn't even win as many seats as the Bloc Quebequois.... hardly a
shining jewel, yes?

FWIW, both the Bloc and the NDP are nothing better than vote spoilers (the
provinvial NDP government in BC couldn't even rig bingo games without
screwing the pooch). At a time when Canada needs a solid majority
government, we have a minority that can be toppled at any given event with a
simple non-confidence motion. While ones heart may be with one of these
splinter groups, we may need to vote with the greater need in mind.

FWIW, we have had a Conservative government in Alberta for many years....
our medical system is about second to none, we have travelled from deficeit
spending to having budget surpluses (this year, every man woman and child
living in the province will receive a $400 cheque), Alberta is debt free....
Alberta has no sales tax aside from the federal Gouge and Screw Tax....

Then again, looking at your posting history, I can only wonder two
things.... why are you looking at an automotive group and why did they let
you out long enough to vote????


"Cosmopolite" <[email protected]> wrote in messag
news:[email protected]
> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>
>> For showing the way.
>>

> I voted NDP. :)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, what Harper needs to do, then, is actually WIN confidence.

Hopefully the atmosphere is not quite as shrilly polarized in Canada as
it is below border. I'd think that some in BQ seats would align with
Conservatives on specifics.. esp those who were threatened with close
races. And that should apply to several Libs, as well.

Some are saying here that the Canada vote is a warning for Republicans.
Not being an expert on Maple Leaf pol/idiots, my view is that the
situation is a little different.

Citizens sort of expect politicians to be on the take... producing
results for bribes, then covering it up by killing access to the courts
and documents is a little much, though.


"Jim Warman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The NDP didn't even win as many seats as the Bloc Quebequois....
> hardly a shining jewel, yes?
>
> FWIW, both the Bloc and the NDP are nothing better than vote spoilers
> (the provinvial NDP government in BC couldn't even rig bingo games
> without screwing the pooch). At a time when Canada needs a solid
> majority government, we have a minority that can be toppled at any
> given event with a simple non-confidence motion. While ones heart may
> be with one of these splinter groups, we may need to vote with the
> greater need in mind.
>
> FWIW, we have had a Conservative government in Alberta for many
> years.... our medical system is about second to none, we have
> travelled from deficeit spending to having budget surpluses (this
> year, every man woman and child living in the province will receive a
> $400 cheque), Alberta is debt free.... Alberta has no sales tax aside
> from the federal Gouge and Screw Tax....
>





--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim Warman wrote:
> The NDP didn't even win as many seats as the Bloc Quebequois.... hardly a
> shining jewel, yes?
>
> FWIW, both the Bloc and the NDP are nothing better than vote spoilers (the
> provinvial NDP government in BC couldn't even rig bingo games without
> screwing the pooch). At a time when Canada needs a solid majority
> government, we have a minority that can be toppled at any given event with a
> simple non-confidence motion. While ones heart may be with one of these
> splinter groups, we may need to vote with the greater need in mind.
>
> FWIW, we have had a Conservative government in Alberta for many years....
> our medical system is about second to none, we have travelled from deficeit
> spending to having budget surpluses (this year, every man woman and child
> living in the province will receive a $400 cheque), Alberta is debt free....
> Alberta has no sales tax aside from the federal Gouge and Screw Tax....
>
> Then again, looking at your posting history, I can only wonder two
> things.... why are you looking at an automotive group


Recently aquired an Aerostar.


and why did they let
> you out long enough to vote????


That right is protected by law. :)
>
>
> "Cosmopolite" <[email protected]> wrote in messag
> news:[email protected]
>
>>Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>>
>>
>>>For showing the way.
>>>

>>
>>I voted NDP. :)

>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's my big worry... we have a minority government that needs to do some
tough stuff... I think Joe Clark is a major weiner but his minority
Conservative government came out with a "tough love" budget that would have
started us getting back on track..... It didn't take long for the vultures
to call a non-confidence motion and leave us with a bunch more years of
having a Liberal dick up our rings.

After some of the insider crap that has hit the news in the last year, I am
totally amazed that the Liberals picked up as many seats as they did. IMHO,
NDP is a waste of time... even though Tommy Douglas was the big spearhead
for medicare, this party seems to think that the only way to save the farm
is to sell it.... Bolc Quebequois is a waste of skin. How they can allow a
party that has only the interests of one province at heart into a federal
election is beyond me. Interstingly, all of Canada MUST be subject to
bilingualism... except Quebec. They are allowed to ban signs in English.


"BradandBrooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Ah guys, I give them one year. I'd go into it but it's way too late
> tonite. In the last 50 years, 14 months(?) of PMs NOT from Quebec? It'll
> be short lived.
>
> Brad
>
> "Backyard Mechanic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Cosmopolite <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>>>
>>>> For showing the way.
>>>>
>>> I voted NDP. :)
>>>

>>
>> then I'm not talkin' to you!
>> ;)
>>
>> --
>> Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
>> you pay..DEAL with it!

>
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well... recently acquired an Aerostar speaks volumes on it's own...... Just
because you're old enough to vote doesn't necessarily mean you should.

I have seen this country go from having a state of the art supersonic
fighter/bomber only to chop it up for salvage..... I have seen this country
go from a dollar worth a buck seven US to a country where Canadian Tire
Bucks are starting to look good.... I have seen this country change it's
national flag to try and appease a handful of frogs....

One thing, at least... if you live in Alberta, your NDP vote didn't mean too
much.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top