Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As already stated Pete has finally officially joined the ranks.
How about the official spec, delivery date ,dealer of choice etc:thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Yeah.. well done pete.. onya son... :D
Don't forget to post some piccies in the members ride section when you get 'em... :thumbup:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
HSE2 said:
As already stated Pete has finally officially joined the ranks.
How about the official spec, delivery date ,dealer of choice etc:thumbup:
Official spec is:

AU2 XR8 220kW manual V8
Silhouette Prestige Paint
Sunroof
Body Kit
Premium Brakes
Premium 250W Sound 6CD
Sports Momo Wheel and Gear Shifter
Tow Pack 1600kg
XR Carpet Mats
Slimline Weathershields

Dealer is Rudy Mihajlovski at City Ford Sydney. Great guy. No hassles - just service and the right numbers first up. Plus the cars come on ONE truck from Broadmeadows to City Ford (less chance of damage, and done overnight).

Delivery scheduled within 8 weeks. I'm happy for Ford to take their time and build me a special car :)

Hey guys - no big deal about this. Sure I'm excited but I'm just arriving where most of you already are :cool: .

I will post the pictures from the car build from the Ford website. I'm going to make sure I'm at Tickford when the car comes through so I can take more build photos and write you guys a story on how it all happens!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out Ford online. You used to be able to watch your car being made over the net. You can also get photos of it over the production line at different stages

·
7,777 Posts
HSE2 said:
Check out Ford online. You used to be able to watch your car being made over the net. You can also get photos of it over the production line at different stages
Yeah that's what I meant. I'll post them when they become available.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Congrats Pete!

I just wish I was in the position to get a new car right now, but it will have to be late next year for me, then I will finally join the ranks (and will be the last one probably).:(

About the ford online section, what has happened to it, I can't seem to find it on the site, that is where they had sketches, stories, etc:?:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
DONUT KING said:
You got it back on the road again yet?
Yeah, counter balance assembly was the problem, then when I was supposed to pick it up (Monday) I am told that it has happened again (after they fixed it), so an extra day was needed. They found that the new CAM belt had slipped or something and the likely cause not tensioned properly. Wasn't charged for the extra time spent on it..

So the bill was for:

counter balance shaft belt and pulley, new water pump, and cam belt, $750 total, $280 of that labour.

It better last until AV arrives..:fmad:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aussie Pete said:

Yeah that's what I meant. I'll post them when they become available.
Cool I will be interested to here your comparision between the GTS-r and your new XR8. You have my interest with your comments about the dealer getting to the numbers first up. Is that because you are generous or did they really come to the party that quick. From what you have said the buying experience you have had has been first class. The only reason I don't have a series 2 now is that the dealers weren't prepared to talk and some even suggested I should sell my car privately because the trade figure would upset me

·
7,777 Posts
HSE2 said:

You have my interest with your comments about the dealer getting to the numbers first up. Is that because you are generous or did they really come to the party that quick. From what you have said the buying experience you have had has been first class. The only reason I don't have a series 2 now is that the dealers weren't prepared to talk and some even suggested I should sell my car privately because the trade figure would upset me
I have always realised that selling privately is the only way to go. I didn't even think about trade-in because I know they're crooks in that way. Finding a dealer who is good is half the battle. I'll admit now that I had decided to go for an SS a couple of weeks ago. One problem - I couldn't get a Holden dealer to talk to me and even give a price. Then the 220 thing and Herrods came to light. My question is 'Do you need to trade-in or can you realistically try the private sale thing?'

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aussie Pete said:

I have always realised that selling privately is the only way to go. I didn't even think about trade-in because I know they're crooks in that way. Finding a dealer who is good is half the battle. I'll admit now that I had decided to go for an SS a couple of weeks ago. One problem - I couldn't get a Holden dealer to talk to me and even give a price. Then the 220 thing and Herrods came to light. My question is 'Do you need to trade-in or can you realistically try the private sale thing?'
Well first off I kind of worked out that the SS might be an option for you by your LS1 posts so it is good that Holden shot themselves in the foot. In the past I wouldn't even try private because the deals I have been able to get from the yard have made going private not worth the effort. Funny enough my first new Australian made car and I get a problem. My point is that with Ford not shifting any volume the dealers weren't interested in trying which is similar to what you describe about your experience with the SS.:confused:

·
7,777 Posts
You only have to look in the wholesale auction yards to see why there is a current problem with Falcons and resale. They're drowning in them. I think this will be short term until the end of the 'fleet' business changeover occurs. Most new business is user chooser so expect your trade-ins to improve in the next 2-3 years.

·
7,777 Posts
Re: Re: Congrats to Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete said:

Official spec is:

AU2 XR8 220kW manual V8
Silhouette Prestige Paint
Sunroof
Body Kit
Premium Brakes
Premium 250W Sound 6CD
Sports Momo Wheel and Gear Shifter
Tow Pack 1600kg
XR Carpet Mats
Slimline Weathershields
I went and had a look at a whole bunch of XRs yesterday to see the paint colours in sunlight (been a while since we saw sun in Sydney). The Silhouette isn't all that good quality :(

So, seeing as Silver is not allowed by the handbrake, we liked the look of Winter White and Venom Red. I never thought I'd consider white, but with wheels painted a graphite colour (light grey) it would look good. My only issue is resale with the cop cars thing (although my car will be nicely optioned). And that the Venom Red seems so common.

Any input? I've got until tomorrow afternoon to change colour (Monday 14th May)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts