Ford Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sorry dumb question from the loony bin here, but is Silhoutte black? I agree that white XR's end up looking like cop cars, no bad thing if you own it! As for Venom it seems just to common as well. Any way I'll just go back to looking for a car that isn't biege!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My two cents would be that I wouldn't have a black Au if it was given to me. Lot of work but the colour itself is just not right. I was going to get the same thing until I saw the car and change to Galaxy. Personally I think red is the pick of the white/red option.

·
2,153 Posts
My choice is silver. Paint swirls and chips don't show up on this colour as bad as the darker colours. The paints on the current fords just seem too fragile IMO.

I wouldn't go for white as I think you will lose out on the resale value only because of the cop thing. My second choice would be galaxy. I'm not a red car person, but that looks ok also.

goto this link

http://www.ford.com.au/showroom/passenger/xr/Colours.asp

so you can see what the various colours look like.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
My choice is silver. Paint swirls and chips don't show up on this colour as bad as the darker colours. goto this link

http://www.ford.com.au/showroom/passenger/xr/Colours.asp

so you can see what the various colours look like.
My choice would probably be silver but the handbrake won't let me :( Those colours on the website aren't the same as looking at real metal. That's why I did the Sydney explorer trip yesterday :wink2:

·
7,777 Posts
It's a done deal! I get the TE50 5 speed this Friday for 24 hours as a test drive for the XR8. Scooby's lickin' his lips so hard they're sore already :wink2: :p :damack:

T

·
0 Posts
pete
let me know where you are and we'll swap parts before you take it back (lol).

·
7,777 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
Just curious why you didn't go the TE? I think you mentioned someting about the seats, but was there a big price difference between an optioned XR8 and a TE50?
Didn't go TE because the deal was way better on XR after discounts etc. The XR is basically a TE now anyhow!

As for you DOC:
I doubt there'd be much left for you after I've had a go.... ;) Alloy heads would be my first stop!

·
7,777 Posts
You can have the shell - I was gonna put the running gear in the Camira Wagon :CraZ: Shoebox sleeper sorta thing.... :WH:

T

·
0 Posts
ok I can understand the camira with the 3.8 where does that leave the 5.0

·
7,777 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
ok I can understand the camira with the 3.8 where does that leave the 5.0
Lost me there DOC :p The Camira currently has a big block EFI Family 2 engine. Not 3.8 :?: :?:

T

·
0 Posts
sorry mate not a holden man dont know what they have, but you just answered your own question. so as I said what about the 5.0

·
7,777 Posts
I think a Synergy 5000 would go well in a Holden Camira with the standard 2.0EI badge on the tailgate :evil2: :evil:

T

·
0 Posts
mmmm somehow you've adopted some of my brain cells from somewhere. It's scary to think there's 2 of me running around with the same idea.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Its not a Camira Wagon but its pretty damn close!

A 302 powered Bluebird Wagon!:eek::eek::eek:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts