Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting some black stripes on my XR8. I love the GT stripes but may cop some crap. Anybody got any other stripe ideas that would look cool?

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
love the photo-in-tall-grass lowering treatment hehe

beautiful beast though mate
leave her as is

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
FalKeen said:
love the photo-in-tall-grass lowering treatment hehe

beautiful beast though mate
leave her as is
i just thought it was the superlows he had in it that madee it look so low, silly me ;)
sweet lookin car mate, don't put stripes on it

·
Cheerful Idiot
1,614 Posts
Forgot the number plate dude... Only exterior mod I can think of is throwing some tint on the windows. Not even sure if it needs that though.

Very mean machine!

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Very hot looking 8...wouldn't put stripes on if I were you...but to each his own I guess. If you are really set to put some stripes on, try to put on something thats different to the GT/GTPs coz you'll definitely cop some shite here on the forums. Personally, I don't give a rats ass about non GT/GTPs having stripes as long as it looks good.

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford Fanatic said:
Forgot the number plate dude... Only exterior mod I can think of is throwing some tint on the windows. Not even sure if it needs that though.

Very mean machine!
Cool, fixed that now!....not that it matters too much, but hey.....rego is from my XF, just happened to have 540 at the end so figured I'd keep it for the 5.4L. :hy:

Actually it has been tinted since. Tinting is a must I think. Car was ordered with tinting butI picked it up before tinting could be done pre delivery before Xmas and waited till after new year to get it done. Was done last Friday.

Also the rego is now a small black one at the front and normal size black at the back. Then I started thinking of black stripes........ :fraz:

Not to worry.

I will post some new pics when I get my own digital camera shortly. Will also be at the All Ford Day in Albury next weekend.

Vic

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HOTDBZ said:
Very hot looking 8...wouldn't put stripes on if I were you...but to each his own I guess. If you are really set to put some stripes on, try to put on something thats different to the GT/GTPs coz you'll definitely cop some shite here on the forums. Personally, I don't give a rats ass about non GT/GTPs having stripes as long as it looks good.
Well, I reckon an XR8 with GT stripes would look hot. Especially low with 18's..... :angel:

If anyone with skills wants to photoshop something, go ahead. I can blank out number plates good, but you don't want to see my attempts at stripes. :insane:

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
yeah don't spoil her she looks just right as is

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too late.. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I just added some lovely white 'scrapes' on the front spoiler today. :fraz:

Man, what a bummer. Even Diso Stu couldn't ingore this. :disco:

And the Albury show is next weekend. I'll never get it fixed in time. :sad:

Went for a 3hr drive to Mount Kosciusko and back to get over it. Started off going to Cooma and kept going. On the plus side, got a great 11.4 km/L on the trip.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
HI Genebaby, i wasn't a stripe fan but black stripes on a red or orange BA look good .if you want to put stripes on your car go for it. get custom ones made. i seen some yesterday had XR8 cut out on the top stripe on the back door...
i found a orange ute done in stripes (photoshop) and a different mod ..
and a pic of the 1000th fpv car made its red with stripes..

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
there is a blueprint xr6 around my area with grey GT stripes....and i rekin it looks fine ...

maybe see waht kind of custom jobs could be done and u might end up liking them better

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I saw a mercury silver GT with orange stripes......mmmmmm XW

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
i still say that the best looking GT with stripes is white with blue....it looks so aggressive

1 - 20 of 30 Posts