Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Probe LX Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been losing some coolent on the ground recently and i thought that i had located the lower radiator hose as where the coolent was getting by. I took it and replaced the whole thing and put new coolent in and in the resevoir. I drove it around the block and the coolent in the resevoir went from full down to low. It did this earlier when i was letting the car run and i just thought that i had not added enough coolent. Please help i need to use my car tonight and i don't want it to overheat.

·
Probe Member
104 Posts
hey did you check to see if there is anymore leaks after the replacement of your hose, if there is no more leaks just add some more coolant its normal for the coolant system to take most of the extra coolant from the overflow reservoir after you drain it completely this is due to air in the system so that when the engine begins to move the coolant around it takes some extra coolant to finally fill up your cooling system in the probe

·
Probe LX Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i keep filling it up and it keeps going down so i guess i'll just keep trying. I don't see any other leaks or on the ground so i guess that s a good sign.

·
Forgotten
65 Posts
After replacing the coolant in your engine/radiator, let the car run without the cap and keep an eye on the coolant level.
It'll seem full, then it'll push more air out, and you'll see the level drop.
After 15 minutes of watching the level and adding coolant, it should be mostly (if not completely) full.

After that, check your coolant level for a couple of days, and you should be fine.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah it takes alot sometimes if alot leaked out. I was once an idiot and somehow when I was working on my engine I must have leaned on the radiator cap, well I didnt know that it was lose and when I took it for a test drive I could smell anti-freeze so I suddenly pulled over and tightened it. Once I got home I added it and added it and thought it was full and took it to work the next day and then I checked it at work and it was low so I filled it up again. Then when I got home it was low again and I filled it up again and finally it's all full.. lol..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts