Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just yesterday I bought a blood orange XR8 ute and for some reason after being okay my GF went totally mental about it.

Question is does Ford have a cooling off period of 3 days or somethign like that without penalty ie - loss of $500 deposit.

It just may be not worth the hassle for the new car and if I can get out under a Cooling off period then I may have to do that to retain my sanity.

Thanks

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Talk to the dealer you bought the XR8 from, or contact Ford direct...

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Should be, read the contract carefully, did they ask you to waive the right ?

So you GF went metal, how long you been together, you live together and pool your money, if not your money your choice enjoy it if you want, otherwise if you do pool, silly silly man ya should have asked :0)

Jason

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
oh dear, best to contact the dealer first or maybe check for any clause in the contract. I would imagine that due to the costs involved to register, etc, that it would not be straightforward. Good luck.

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
What Dellboy said. Or in a worse case scenario, keep the ute and get a new girlfriend... :s6:

But I doubt you'll get your deposit back. Typically a cooling off period allows you to back out of the contract within a certain timeframe before becoming committed to it. The vendor typically keeps the deposit because they could have sold the product while it was off the market for you.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Is the car subject to finance? If it is did you state that when you were signing?

Legally the dealer does not have to refund any money and in fact has the right to charge you up to 5% of the agreed price.

If you want any more info thebow, send me a PM.

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Blah, you only live once, if its your money then you should be entitled to how you spend it, even if its a depreciating asset :nerner:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
buy her a card with a ford on the front saying sorry honey i couldnt afford two of em..lol jks..
honestly i'd ignore the spasm she's having keep it n she will adapt to having the car around..
i know what i'd be doing if it came to a choice between car n women...
VROOM! cya......

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Hmmm.... maybe she "left" the decision up to you, thinking you would do something different and under no pressure. Let her take it for a drive, and see what she thinks then.

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EBXR said:
Hmmm.... maybe she "left" the decision up to you, thinking you would do something different and under no pressure. Let her take it for a drive, and see what she thinks then.
Actually this is exactly what happened..she left it up to me. Had several conversations up to this point with no indication that there was a problem with buying a new car.

Oh course being male I am missing the "Female Mind reading" module and Female thought interpretation device.

I have no issue with buying the car and it's perhaps her that requires the 3 day cooling off period rather than FordMoCo :-(

I have to speak to the Salesman tomorrow anyway so if I can back out I will but if they play hardball then I'm stuck with it and she'll have to get used to it.

Time to stop being a pussy boy actually....

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
just get the ute and ya can hide it at my place ;)

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
I think you bought the wrong car (ute). If she was ok with a purchase of a new car before, why the hissy fit now? maybe she wanted a sedan and not a ute? wonder if she thought you were buying a BMW, women (most) seem to like that sort of gay transportational vehicles.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
JUST BUY IT AND WORRY BOUT THE CONSEQUENCES LATER!!! hahah lol, once u turn up in the driveway with the XR8 she'll change her mind then want to drive it more than u! best of luck anyway! bit of a dilemma....

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Seeing you already have permission, start asking for forgiveness ...... LOL

Jason

·
Registered
382 Posts
TheBow said:
Hi,

Just yesterday I bought a blood orange XR8 ute and for some reason after being okay my GF went totally mental about it.

Question is does Ford have a cooling off period of 3 days or somethign like that without penalty ie - loss of $500 deposit.

It just may be not worth the hassle for the new car and if I can get out under a Cooling off period then I may have to do that to retain my sanity.

Thanks
I don't think Ford will take your girlfriend back, the penalty is you'll have to keep her. :p

Unless she's having to help you pay off the car, I don't think I'd want a girlfriend that went mental about a decision I made to spend my money.

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
To the best of my knowledge the issue has been resolved but as I still do not own the Female throught transferrance and translation device it's probably not.

Either way I am accepting delivery of the ute in early March..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts