Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· BlkEB2
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a 'good' and 'effective' product i can run through my cooling system as i think the radiator is not working efficiently even tho its not too old.....I have used a product that is like very small granules that you run for a week or so but i'm after an experienced opinion......Obviously it may be better to just get the radiator serviced but I thought i'd just try this first...
And what sort of coolants are 'recommended' in the 4.0 as i just use bursons but others have said i 'should' be using proper ford stuff???

· Registered
230 Posts
Tectaloy 'Mukowt' works really well but I would still get the radiator rodded out. The trouble with chemical cleaners is that they remove the crap from the block, head & heater but it usually ends up in the radiator core, especially in E-series Fords. I would run the Mukowt, flush the system then r&r the radiator & have it serviced.

· BlkEB2
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.k will do....but what is this Mukowt stuff! Is it a like a loosening agent for all the bad stuff? I was also thinking that products like the "bars' one i have used would'nt be good for my lpg convertor cos i reckon some of it would surely settle in the bottom of the water chamber and it would only ever be properly removed by disassembly......just like the rad i spose!
Oh yeah and any recommendations on what coolant to run or is bursons o.k?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.