Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTP driver Daryl Coon says he now cannot win the Championship following the latest parity performance adjustments.
The XR6 will get a weight increase and further rev limited restrictions which will virtually be uncompetitive against the Toyota Camry and Mitsubishi Magna.
With these parity adjustments , Coon finished 29 seconds behind heat one class winner Alan Holgersson driving a VXSS at Queensland Raceway which he beat at Phillip Island and 10.4 seconds adrift of second placed Robert Chadwick. It was a similar story in the second race, with him again finishing third in Class C.

Why the hell do they slow the Fords down when they win races?
They stuffed up Bowe's Mustang and i would'nt be surprised if they slow the XR8's down even though they're not winning.
These wankers at Procar are biased pricks and it's getting on my bloody nerves.
Every catagory in Australia favours the Holdens which is obvious and with this in mind it will be extra hard for Ford to get the image that they deserve back.
I suppose they could'nt handle a AU1 XR6 beating a VX SS 5.7. ;)

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
How will the new 220kwXR8 go!?, if they are doing this to the XR6, it sounds likely that they will do the same to the XR8. With 220kw the Xr8 will leave the VX ss for dead and as you said that will not do will it!!!!!!.

Ford should do a Crennan and bag the opposition in it's advertising, an ad highlighting they have to slow Fords down so that Holdens can keep up would go down very well in the sales run.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
One of my workmates ran a team in Production Racing and said the management of the series is so hard to deal with and made unsustainable parity or eligibility changes. For example, he bought two cars to start a new model in his team only to find ProCar reversed their decision before the cars ran their first race.

They need to seriously reconsider the idea of production racing. The Magna/Camry would be useless if they had to run standard. They are allowed to run LSD/Locked diffs which are worth at least 7 seconds a lap around Eastern Creek.

If a car is built ot a certain weight and spec, and it wins races, let the MANUFACTURERS build a better car. Don't go changing the cars to suit.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Oh, I don't watch that crap anymore anyhow because it is NOT production racing any more.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TeeHee said:
Ford should do a Crennan and bag the opposition in it's advertising, an ad highlighting they have to slow Fords down so that Holdens can keep up would go down very well in the sales run.
I really like that idea :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Oh, I don't watch that crap anymore anyhow because it is NOT production racing any more.
Gotta agree with Pete there.. It's hardly from the showroom to the racetrack anymore.. :(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Mate dead right, they obviously don't know the word "Production" not parity. :( :( That explains why camry's and Magna's perform so well, when on the road they are abit poxy.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
The Magna/Camry would be useless if they had to run standard. They are allowed to run LSD/Locked diffs which are worth at least 7 seconds a lap around Eastern Creek.
That would be bloody right. How bad would it be if the commode execs were racing. Would they would in turn slow down everything to the pace of this gutless barge?? or just give it HUGE concessions?:CraZ: :evil2:

Aussie Pete said:
If a car is built ot a certain weight and spec, and it wins races, let the MANUFACTURERS build a better car. Don't go changing the cars to suit.
I thought that this was the idea.Talk about ruining the series. Hardly production is it!! Pissin me right off.:fmad:
Russell.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I can't see why they don't just get all the cars together at the start of the season make a few minor adjustments and leave them alone and let them race.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
gms00 said:

Every catagory in Australia favours the Holdens ;)
Not quite. The Aussie car class in the Australian Rally championship proves that the Falcon is the better car. Even the utes are beating the Commodores. Although ARCom did cause problems for Steve Winwood when he ran the AU XR8 with live axle. He then turned around and somehow got a V8 5speed Forte with live axle homolagated! I think he still runs the car now.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Let's all hope that Daryl can get this "parity" crap sorted out soon.I quote from the write up on his webpage:

“The companies supporting the team like Ford Quality Parts, Dunlop, Peter Warren Ford, MDC Building Concepts, A Discount Signs and Roadsters have been very supportive during the last week. I expect that the parity issue will be resolved quickly and the Ford XR6, will again be leading the pack, where it deserves to be” said Coon as he optimistically looked to the future, “however we have to be realistic and ensure that our sponsors get value for money and this may mean a change to another category for the team.”

Could this latest development mean that we might not even see Coon driving his XR6 in the series?? I HOPE NOT!!
Russell. :eek: :evil2: :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts