Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mark VII Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is looking at purchasing aCougarStation Wagon. It is from the late 70's early 80's. He says it has a SC or something like that on the fender. He says it looks like a Farmont/Zephyr. He was told it is rare and only 1500 were made. Is this true or is the seller pulling his leg? Thank-You

·
Ford Member
103 Posts
I don't recall that particular Cougar station wagon being that rare. I don't remember the "SC" badge.

There were two different Cougar wagons. The 1977 wagon was rather large and only offered for that one year. When the Granada and Monarch were downsized from the Maverick chassis to the Fox (Fairmont) chassis in 1980, the Monarch was renamed Cougar (the Cougar XR7 was a distinct model, but also based on the Fox platform). It was 1980 when the second Cougar wagon made its debut. It lasted (I believe) through 1982 when it was replaced by the Marquis (not the Panther-based Grand Marquis, but the Fox-based Marquis).

I don't have the numbers in front of me (and I apologize), but I'll try to look up the production numbers of that particular Cougar wagon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts