Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well I would like to believe, depending what mood im in, that I do think about other drivers 100% when giving way etc etc.

My question is, when you see a nice ford (or just about any ford), do you give them special treatment? Like at cross intersections do you let them through with a little wave? I do it most of the time, and have a good gawk at their car while I am at it.

But I must say the reverse happens when I see a commodore (most definatley a VL)..if there is a gap for them...I dont think so!..I creep up and deny them. Immature, maybe a little, but they deserve it, its not my fault they brought the wrong car.

And if that commo happens to have P plates..hehe..no chance Mr! I just mumble to myself, "turn that hat around the other way, bring your seat forward so its not touching the rear, and get yourself some yellow pages so you can see over the dash and I might just let you in"

Does anyone else do this?...im not some kind of Holden Nazi....I just give different people different treatment.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Peak hour traffic driving, can't be stuffed let em in, let em out, who cares, as long as no accidents and I get to work, and I get home.

But cut me off for no reason, then I get pay back, if you miss your turn cause I block you ........... BAD luck ..... you feeling luck punk ;0)

Jason

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
LOL - I treat everyone equally: bugger them!!!

Seriously, I don't really care, I generally treat all drivers the same and would let them in. Unless they are queue jumpers, then they can bugger off....

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dellboy999 said:
But cut me off for no reason, then I get pay back, if you miss your turn cause I block you ........... BAD luck ..... you feeling luck punk ;0)

Jason
haha yeah...to get revenge I just tailgate a little bit, but they would of had to of done somehting pretty bad for that to happen. I really want to fix a truck horn as my horn is busted at the moment and all I can do is shout!..lol

Just so people dont gte the wrong idea, im not talking about road rage here, just little things like being nice to other in shopping centre car parks and alike.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well having moved from sydney, i wish to state that victorian drivers are the worst.

In a car park the rule is stop some one backing out of a spot at all cost.

When merging lanes, just merge the other person will move out of they way.

If you miss a turn just pull a U-turn, dont worry about other traffic.

Roundabout - huh whats that, go as fast as you can and close your eyes.

Keep Clear At All Times on the road means park as many cars as possible accross it.

Trams - don't go past the tram when it is moving it may want to stop, when it stops floor it and honk the horn and the people trying to get on the tram.

Red Turn Arrows are a suggested action, turn if you want dont look for traffic that wastes time.

thats all I can think off, while some of this happens in Sydney I have found them to be far more courteous especially in peak hour traffic.

P.S. i was trying not to turn into a road rage thread, was just saying :0)

Jason

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
I hate it when people don't acknowledge you when you pull over if there is a car parked on the side of the road to let someone through. That pisses me off and I usually give them the bird as they pass!

Other than that, I try and play it fairly on the roads. If someone needs to get in because a lane is closed or something, by all means I let them in. I just get really pissed when people try and get to places quicker by flying up a merging lane and try cutting in, I do my best not to let those people in.

If someone has a nice Ford, then they may get special treatment ;) But not those arrogant turds in $100,000 cars thinking that they're so much better than everyone else just because they have a newer and more expensive car.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
XRated said:
I hate it when people don't acknowledge you when you pull over if there is a car parked on the side of the road to let someone through. That pisses me off and I usually give them the bird as they pass!

Other than that, I try and play it fairly on the roads. If someone needs to get in because a lane is closed or something, by all means I let them in. I just get really pissed when people try and get to places quicker by flying up a merging lane and try cutting in, I do my best not to let those people in.

If someone has a nice Ford, then they may get special treatment ;) But not those arrogant turds in $100,000 cars thinking that they're so much better than everyone else just because they have a newer and more expensive car.
Yep, I second all of that.

Had to merge due to road works the other night, some stupid little bimbo just sat there, didn't even look at me as I tried to merge, eyes straight ahead. Then she decided to get into the service lane to make up ground, just barged through without looking, it's a worry.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Yes

I have noticed this, seems the T series cars had a presence on the road and others took note of you.

The Au forte I had for a while was deff a target of others aggresion and with the Explorer I just dont give a damm, seems the size of the vehicle demands respect and for those that fail to give way they soon swerve

·
Dual Exhaust Warrior™
1,172 Posts
I give way to mostly everyone as I feel it helps traffic flow better, as opossed to being an idiot and not letting anyone in... So if theres a nice GT or XR etc of course I'll give them special attention so long as they are appreciative. I almost T-boned a XWGT yesterday... He turned right in front of me and the clown wasn't even looking for oncoming cars. Lucky one of us was paying attention!

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
I'll usually let any car in as it doesn't make much time difference to me to where i'm going , but if they turn out to be knob jockies that do 50km in the right lane , then they get a little added bonus of my generosity :flip:

·
fordominatin.......
24 Posts
:wnc: i agree with all...i drive for a living a b-double prime mover.AS it is about 22 metres in length i do demand respect...........but on the other hand i respect other road uses...BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will not tolerate idiots who scream up left lane when your in traffic merging from three lanes into two......so all i do is occupy both lanes until they merge ...and all they can see is LONG VEHICLE DO NOT OVERTAKE :wnc: :wnc:

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
i let other ppl through, but if they wanna cut through, i stick about 6 inches from the car infront of me, and they have to wait their turn
if they cut me off, i stick right behined them, and over take and cut them off...
if they are comin up behined me, at an excessive amount of speed, i dont give a f... i stick to 2 kays over the limit, either they overtake, or slow down, if they tailgate me, i lift off the accellerator, untill my car is going really slow, and as they change lanes to pass, i floor it and not let them through...

·
Yakuza Staff Car
150 Posts
hahah coang... i tend to do that anyway... nothing shits me more is people doing a left hand screamer... when i do let people merge, i only let the car thats either in front, or directly beside me, move up.. after that i creep forward to block the person behind.. they can wait. :)

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Recently while getting out of a servo in traffic a BA GT snobbed me, then an AU XR8 ute snobbed me lol A workmate laughed and said my XR6 was too small to play with the big boys i had been cut off from the ford family, but then an SS ute waved me out.... at least he knew who was boss, or at least is 2nd youngest brother of the "the boss" hahaha

EDIT: Also a beautiful black GT pulled up beside me at the lights and i gave the driver a quick thumbs up and a smile (it was beautiful) but he just stared like i was an idiot, or maybe he thought i was smiling at his wife?

cheers,
Matt

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Hahahaha gotta love that Roona, i usually let most people in as im usually in no rush to get anywhere. On the other hand yesturday morning i was on my way to the post office before work, and i had a chicky in a Toyota starlet try and cut in front of me, i pushed her to the point where she had to stop, but after having my fun i waved her in, she didnt look very happy tho!

·
Registered
738 Posts
It's better to keep the chicky babes behind you - then you can perve at them when you're at the lights in your rear view mirror. Wear the sunnies and they can't see where you are looking - but I think they can guess.

The right way of merging in front of me is to hold position and indicate early. If anyone tries to jump the queue they are regularly shut out. If a car is slightly behind/next to me, they better drop in behind, as if they accelerate and try to cut in ahead of me, I'll shut them out.

An interesting thing - I was looking at the road laws (Vic) and in the cases where a lane ends - where the road narrows, if a car in the lane running out is partially or completely ahead of the car in the continuing lane, the car in the through lane has to give way. I wasn't aware of this. So if you think you can cut them off in this circumstance, it may end up being a costly mistake for you.

Of course where the lane is obstructed by parked cars etc, the cars in that lane have to merge when safe to do so and you aren't required to give way.

If people don't try to jump ahead and signal early, then things go alot smoother with less aggravation.

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
Dellboy999 said:
Well having moved from sydney, i wish to state that victorian drivers are the worst.

In a car park the rule is stop some one backing out of a spot at all cost.

When merging lanes, just merge the other person will move out of they way.

If you miss a turn just pull a U-turn, dont worry about other traffic.

Roundabout - huh whats that, go as fast as you can and close your eyes.

Keep Clear At All Times on the road means park as many cars as possible accross it.

Trams - don't go past the tram when it is moving it may want to stop, when it stops floor it and honk the horn and the people trying to get on the tram.

Red Turn Arrows are a suggested action, turn if you want dont look for traffic that wastes time.

thats all I can think off, while some of this happens in Sydney I have found them to be far more courteous especially in peak hour traffic.

P.S. i was trying not to turn into a road rage thread, was just saying :0)

Jason
Have to agree with you Jase the mexicans take the cake when it comes to whacko moves. Per capita they dont know traffic gridlock yet, so any holdup is an attempt to stop anyone merging. 8 cylinders sorts most of em out.

Victoria has U-Turn traffic lights! I mean why cater for people who were going the wrong way to begin with!

Ever tried to enter a service lane in a mitsubishi expess with no side windows? it audio only.

Vics bitch about rugby players throwing the ball back to go forward, then damn me they pull into the left hand lane to turn right.

Thank god Vic lost that old intersection rule that was a killer, spent all your time looking at every car but the one that was gonna kill you.

Whilst Sydney drivers aren't much better they have learnt to cope with peak hour grid-lock (thanks mr carr we'll remember you at an election real soon). In Sydney genery they will let anyone in front merge first.. There are always exception, but generally they aren't hell bent on blocking.

Almost as much fun is slowing the road hog articulated's that insist on clogging the righ lane of the M5, slow at the beginning of the inclines then give the boss a squeeze and wave bye-bye. A wonder the revenue grabbing premiers we have haven't made another million booking trucks for dissobeying the overhead lights.

But back to the topic there is nothing more rewarding in any days driving than to stop the cut-in of, the cap backward, lane changing, VP-VS driving homeboy, with the doof doof stereo, then waving through any tasty or classic Falcon you see.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts