Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question has been asked on many a forum and I think it is time we have a look at the situation.
Now despite Holden fans claims the Falcon Craig is driving was upgraded before it left SBR. It was also my understanding that SBR were helping with the settling in period. Alllen Heaphy from Cat racing was brought in and Craig does have the advantage of the front splitter upgrade.
There is no question that Craigs driving style was going to be good at Adelaide and he set the fastest lap at the island. Ok the new formula involving pits stops played into his hands but he is showing the rest a clean set of heels. FTR aren't improving, Cat don't have the resources, and the DJR cars have the power.
There is no arguement that in the first two races Craig has shown us enough to say he will be competitve in a way the established teams have not been able to do. I want to know why?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
:rolleyes: I think it's a case you tell me & we'll both know!! :rolleyes:

Boy it'd be nice to have an answer for that one...

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
His driving talent may be some of the difference plus his team have got their **** together.There has to be room for the other teams to improve but driver talent is another story.Fred Gibson has his tactics sorted as well.Sounds pretty simplistic but maybe theres more to it.If HRT suddenly drove Fords they would probably be hard to beat again.In fact the Fords are so dam good they wouldn't change back.He he he.;)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I think Craig is a very good driver and that tag might be on the move up. One things for sure and that is that SBR performance last year look as though the drivers were alot to blame. Craig in basically a SBR Falcon and Ambrose straight on the pace.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I think Craig has proved two things since he joined Ford and has been doing so well.
<ul>
<li>The cars are pretty even and a good driver can make a big difference.....
<li>The Stone Brothers were completely justified in getting rid of Baird....
</ul>

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Yeah big block, there is an automatic censoring thing happening on these boards.... hell it sensored out D I C K from **** Johnson racing hehehe:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I too think the SBR cars under achieved last year and one possible reason looks like being Craig Baird. I watched him in the BTCC and he looked to be good. Just goes to show you eh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
HSE2
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing