Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After opinions on this cam for 5ltr V8

Anyone used this cam before? Whats it like? Idling?
Price wise and where to buy from?

Part no. too......

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Yes it's better with less than 220 @ 50 on duration imo. Which the 2031 is, more lift too with 1:7 rockers.

The E303 has 110* lobe speration that makes it alittle choppy at idle..

The 2030 is excelent too in some ways wilder than 2031 runs with 1:6 rockers.. Very streetable..

Comp cams XE266HR is excelent also
216* in 224* exh
544 lift in 555 lift exh...

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,585 Posts
True its lumpy at idle but its more than happy to idle at 8-900 rpm which takes the chop out of it

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
svo347 said:
True its lumpy at idle but its more than happy to idle at 8-900 rpm which takes the chop out of it
Add twin turbo's and it's awsome!! See my specs...

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
dont get me wrong the E303 is a mad cam (My old lady's EL GT has a nuts idle to it)the only problem i found was when it would surge when slowing to a stop.

the 2031 is a little nicer on the EEC apparently...

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
okay, but would intake/head work need to be done to benefit from crane's 2031 grind? i wouldnt mind slidin one of those babies in my car, but i wont bother yet if i gotta open up the heads/intake..(its all stock!)

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
PN 444225 straight from their web site posted by LTDHO, price should be around $500, but then you will need new valve springs. Cam and spring package PN 444226 probably looking at about $700+

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think i only paid around $400 for the cam only (i already had upgraded springs, 1.7 roller rockers etc), and around another $80 for an indexable timing chain set. If you look on the crane website, they say where you can get them. I've no idea where you are, but i got mine from "Victorian Speed Pro distributors", although i rang a few other places listed on their website around that area, and they all were within a few dollars.

I would agree that at the very least some head work would be required before you install this cam, as crane states that it is best used with aftermarket heads, intake and exhaust.

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EDXR8 said:
PN 444225 straight from their web site posted by LTDHO, price should be around $500, but then you will need new valve springs. Cam and spring package PN 444226 probably looking at about $700+

With the GT40P heads to go, wont be needing the $700 package then

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
You probably still want new valve springs. The ones on the GT40P heads are crap and only really good for 500th lift. The roller cams develop harsh valve train harmonics and really need a double row valve springs.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
"Where di you purchase it and for how much mate?"

I bought it via Summitracing.com

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
20 Participants
ebxr8240
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing