468 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
LTDHO said:
"Where di you purchase it and for how much mate?"

I bought it via Summitracing.com
LTDHO

Sounds like a good price in US$ $239.95 to be exact with
valve spring kit too. p/n 444226

How much did it cost you all up to bring it over after tax and other fees?

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
www.jegs.com the calls are free.. good tech too...

Free call 0011 1 1800 345 4545

Summit though do deliver there costs for delivery is expensive imo...

If any one doesn't know what a 2020/ 2031 is when talking Ford / Crane cams, I wouldn't go any further.. They vertually are the part #'s...

Tried www.cranecams.com.au Dick Johnson does !!

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,585 Posts
I Agree..... the aircon evap etc will have to be loosened & pulled outta the way, its fun but not impossible.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
xr8_sprint said:
i got told the engine has to come out to fit a cam into my ED XR8 to dial in the cam properly...

can someone confirm this???
It can be done in the car !!
Fair go what sort of mech told you that? He's after more $$
it's total B.S.. You can still put a degree wheel there too !!

Front bumpers come off easy and the air con condensor swings away with a few brakets loosened off..

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
haha... i found it a bit hard to believe it required $2k to put in a cam lol...

i was also told that a cam will do stuff all for my car, and that cam/port work and a tweecer remap would bring me no benifit.

any replys ?

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Yea sure !!!!!

So what did Tickford do to the T series then????

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
well... here's my plan.

bowl/ehaust port work on my GT40 irons
Port match to my Cobra manifold
Crane 2031 cam
tweecer tune...

Basically i would like to check out my pistons and bores to see if my "blower by christmas" plan is possible, so i might as well have a tinker while the top end's off.

should liven things up... :)

shaneo

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Let me get this straight........

to run a Crane cams 2031 in my EBXR8 I will need:

porting to my heads
roller rockers
bigger valves
double springs
bigger intake (i.e. explorer intake from EL2)
bigger injectors
aftermarket chip or tweecer
true timing chain set

just so the car runs smooth and is streetable?

I dont have the above, but plan to do the heads and intakes soon. Will I have problems if I just put that cam in with the current mods I've done to my car despite the fact my heads, intakes and bottom end are stock?

Please explain in Lamans terms! :huh:

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
No you can run the 2031 on a stock motor with limited improvements, and it should' require any modifications to your EEC to run smoothly.

Ultimately, you want 1.72 ratio rockers and heads flowing around 180/150cfm and above with a decent intake like the explorer or above. Anything on that list will just add to the power but is not needed.

Having said that, the stock cam is actually extremely good and would be one of the last things I would modify. Lots of people run deep into the 12sec 1/4 mile with the stock cam. The 2031 does sound good though, and is probably the pick of the aftermarket cams without getting a custom one.

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
thanks grant, that shed some light on the ol noggin!

Ultimately, I want to get maximum power out of the stock cam. So I plan to do as much as I can from the cam up! Then I'll look into a full bottom end rebuild!

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
So what about wacking one of these 2031's into an AU2 XR8 (200kw), full exhaust (extractors 3" all the way), I have been offered a 220kw cam and new valve springs for $350.

What to do now.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
tickfordAUIIXR8 said:
So what about wacking one of these 2031's into an AU2 XR8 (200kw), full exhaust (extractors 3" all the way), I have been offered a 220kw cam and new valve springs for $350.

What to do now.
The 2031 will make more power than the 220kw cam, but will have a worse idle. The 220kw cam is quite a nice cam, it gives good power and excellent drivability, but will give up 10-15kw to the 2031.

·
XR8 Owner
545 Posts
i have a 2030 in my block at the moment, but it ain't in the car atm, will be in on monday so i'll let ya know.

*Apparrently* the 2030 idle is fine although does have higher lift than the 2031, so the 2031 should idle ok, i'm still learnin bout cams so if im wrong correct me!

·
347 cubic power!
171 Posts
Please make sure you give us an update next week SiKEDXR8.

I will be getting a 2030 installed in my AUII XR8 in the next two weeks or so. I will be interested to see how your car goes, how it idles etc.

Matt.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
With the inlet 216 @50 [2030] and 214 @50 [2031] and 112 lobe seperation on both cams it will idle real nice..

[2030] lift 533 / 544 @ 50 with 1: 6 rockers...
[2031] 513 / 529 @ 50 with 1:7 rockers..

In comparison the E303 has 220 / 220 and 498 lift 1:6 rockers and 110 lobe seperation which gives it some chop at idle..

Some duration helps with restrictive heads but lift realy helps good flowing heads, but lift no advantage with poor flowing heads..Generally...

·
347 cubic power!
171 Posts
ebxr8240,

The 2030 will be used, assuming we have no P/V clearance issues with all that lift.

You seem to know your "bumpsticks" - do you know the specs of the cams in the 200kW and 220kW XR8 donks? What about that in the 250kW stroker? I am really only after these numbers just for interest sake.

What cam do you have in your car? (still E303?) Again, just for interest sake - I realise that duration / timing requirements are very different when the intake manifold is pressurised!

Matt.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts