Ford Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
220kw cam specs are
Intake valve Lift 468th
Exhaust valve Lift 472th
Intake Duration 269 degrees (208 @ 50th)
Exhaust Duration 274 degrees (210 @ 50th)

200kw cam from what I have been told has slightly more lift, but less duration. The 250kw cams have slightly more lift than the 220kw (can't remember exactly how much though) and 210/216 duration.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Some above specs are @50 some not.. 220 @ 50 = 282 adverised

I would go Crane 2020 almost the same as 220 less duration but more lift, better with good flowing heads..IMO..

·
347 cubic power!
171 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
Some above specs are @50 some not.. 220 @ 50 = 282 adverised
I'm confused. Are you disagreeing with the numbers posted by EDXR8? He has nominated both the advertised and 50 thou values. Where does the 220 @ 50" = 282 adv. fit in?

Matt.

·
2,784 Posts
ebxr8240 is just giving the advertised duration of the E303 which he posted, just to compare with the others. The E303 is 220 @ 50th = 282 advertised duration.

·
347 cubic power!
171 Posts
EDXR8 said:
ebxr8240 is just giving the advertised duration of the E303...
Yep, the formatting of his reply was a bit cryptic, but I just sussed that out via details at the Ford Racing Parts website.... Doh! Apologies to all.

The E303 seems to have exactly the same specs as the Crane 2040. Do FRPP re-badge Crane gear or is this a coincidence?

·
2,784 Posts
Yeah, the crane 2040 is the same as the FMS E303, but they are separate cams (not rebadged). I don't know why crane would bother making an E303 copy, but I guess it was because the E303 has been a popular cam for so long, so there was some money in it.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Slipper:: On turbo custom cams it has been found that retarding exhaust duration actually helps.Like 218/ 206 the opposite to N/A.
Split duration is better "n/a" also, it gives a wider power band esp for relativly heavy street driven cars with high f/drive ratio's..

Like a turbo motor with E303 makes 520 rwhp and custom as above 550 rwhp @ 10 Lp boost...But at those #'s who cares ha?Enough to split an H.O block...etc etc..

Thanks EDXR8 Mechanics etc was my thing at school not english sorry I"m a bit cryptic at [most] times...

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
EDXR8 - will an EL2 explorer U/L intake and EL2 heads fit onto my block with out any hassles? You were saying that some of these came out with GT40P heads and I was wondering if I was to buy everything from the block up, will that fit nicely to my current donk? If not, What mods would I need to do to make it fit?

·
2,784 Posts
EL2 Intake will fit straight on. As for the heads, the EL2's had the same E7 heads as the EB-EL, which suck. You want the AU heads which are GT40P's, and they will bolt straight up.

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Ah, so thats what I need to do. EB V8 block => AU V8 GT40P heads => EL2 explorer intakes will all mate up no probs? Excellent!

Get those ported. roller rockers, bigger valves, double springs(if not already factory) etc and 220fwkw here we come!

Will it be best to get better pushrods (i.e. chome moly)?

·
Registered
161 Posts
From Crane Cams web site:
PowerMax Hydraulic Roller Camshafts for Computer Controlled Vehicles

Application Series & Grind Number
Good mid-range torque and HP, designed for use with 1.7 ratio rockers and mass airflow style F.I. engines with aftermarket intake, heads, exhaust and centrifugal style blower benefits best: 5-spd or auto w/mild stall converter. (50 state legal 85-93, C.A.R.B. E.O. D-225-46) Basic RPM 2000-5500 PowerMax

Cam Specifications

Degrees Duration @ .050 Int./Exh. Degrees Advertised Duration Int./Exh. Degree Lobe Separation Open/Close @.050" Cam Lift Int./Exh. Lash Hot Int./Exh. Gross Lift Int./Exh.
220 276
282 112 0 34
47 (7) .000
.000 .513 c

Crane make the Ford E303 cam under licence.

·
XR8 Owner
545 Posts
blueoval said:
Ah, so thats what I need to do. EB V8 block => AU V8 GT40P heads => EL2 explorer intakes will all mate up no probs? Excellent!

Get those ported. roller rockers, bigger valves, double springs(if not already factory) etc and 220fwkw here we come!

Will it be best to get better pushrods (i.e. chome moly)?
start saving

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Hey Slipper,
Who r u getting to put in your bump stick. Is your engine stock or what mods have you got??

I'm in Brissie as well so was looking at doing this type of mod.

Corey

·
347 cubic power!
171 Posts
tickfordAUIIXR8 said:
Who r u getting to put in your bump stick.
I am getting John White Racing Engines (at the 'Gabba) to do the work. I've had to put up with more than a few delays, but hopefully the car will go under the knife next week.

As well as the new cam, the heads will be decked for a bit more compression and some cleaning up of the ports. New valve springs / retainers, timing chain and roller rockers. I will also be getting a 70mm throttle body (from the 220kW donk) installed. The car already has a set of Pacemaker tri-y's installed and a 2 x 2.5" exhaust system.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Slipper,
Are you coming on the FF cruze to Broadie on the 29th, if so, i'd really like to talk to you about all this.

Cheers

Corey

PS, why didn't you get BOB Romano to do your work.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Hey Slipper,

How have you gone, is everything working out

Did it dyno okay??

Corey

·
347 cubic power!
171 Posts
Just got the car back from Bob Romano today (after Unichip installation and tune).

The car pumped out 259HP to the rollers (193kW for metric types). Needless to say, I am very happy with that!

I'll try to scan in a few dyno graphs tomorrow if I get the chance.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Wow that it is pretty awsome. Please PM me with the details of what you had done and what you previously had done

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Anyone got any rough ideas what you'd expect to pay to get a cam installed into the ole EL ? ( Preferably from a mechanic that doesn't want to remove the engine ;) )

41 - 60 of 75 Posts