Ford Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
XR8 Owner
545 Posts
had my car back for a couple of days after my engine rebuild and geez it goes hard now.... dunno bout your car slipper but you can tell it has a cam.

I'm, not even aloud to rev it yet (gotta run it in) but it flies as it is, in a thousand k's it goes in for a chip and tune and then to be dynoed.

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,585 Posts
why not just save the hassles & get it run in on the dyno... kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Been reading this with interest, thinking about getting a 2031 cam for my AU2 XR8 200Kw, already got the 1.7 ratio roller rockers. Wondering about the kit mentioned PN PN 444226, does that come with double valve springs or just the regular variety.
Also if anyone has slotted one of these into a 200Kw engine what kind of gains did you get over standard.
Cheers

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
The kit comes with single row high performance springs which seem to be fine with that cam. Results with that cam on a 200kw engine should be around 180rwkw, a huge improvement over stock of 140ish.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Possibly just put the 1.7's in and give that a try first, it should be a good improvement without the choppy idle as 347 is talking about.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
jason doell said:
:bsr: So what of cam would I use on an AUIII XR8 manual and do i need to do any other mods. I am new to this mods thing :AAHHH: Cheers guys
If it's the 220kw engine then a Crane 2031 would be the choice because you already have the 1.72 rockers which is a match for the 2031

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
NC 5ltr said:
would this be a good cam for an engine with afr 165 heads and a bbk intake manifold?

cheers
Yes should get around 200 rwkw

61 - 75 of 75 Posts