Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crane CompuCam Roller Cam Stage 4 for Sale LCA 112 Duration 216/220 @ 0.050 Lift 533/544 . Never been used & still in box. The cam comes with shim kit & lube + instructions on how to fit the cam. Worth $550 I am willing to sell it for $380 ono.

It's for late model fuel injected Windsor EB-AU & will add around 15% to 20% more power on a stock V8 & even more if you have good extractors + exhaust...etc. It also well suited for forced induction like nitrous/supercharger.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
This is pretty much what I have in mine.

Great cam. Fit 1.7's to get it to work well :D

Sounds sweet and goes hard.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
suited for forced induction? normally those cams are nice n mild yeh?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cam is mild enough to be fitted in a stock motor yet it's bigger then the cam fitted to the 250kw 347ci strokers that are fitted to AU T series cars.

I've spoken with Simon from Nizpro in Bayswater (Melbourne) and he said that they used a smaller grind cam and got 15-20% power increase on a ED XR8 so he said to me that with this cam you could expect the same results or more. The cam is a split duration cam which favours the exhaust and since stock windsor heads flow really bad on the exhausts he reckons that the cam will really improve the engines power potential with the stock heads. If you have an exhaust + extractors installed you will really notice the big difference or so he said.

A friend of mine has installed a Crow Stage 3 cam package on his VN V8 and made 165kw at the wheels. This cam is bigger then the Crow cam and it's not Hydraulic like the VN it's roller which gives you even more power.

As for the COD I bought roller rockers from NSW and I think it costed me around $20 to $30 about 18 months ago to COD from NSW to Victoria.

The reason I am selling the cam is because I was going to install it on my EB Fairmont but I've decided to rebuild and stroke a 351 windsor instead and this cam is really tiny for my application so I am forced to sell it at a loss so I can put the money twords the new motor that I am starting to build.

I can't tell u anything more about the cam characteristics bessides the stuff that I heard from Nizpro since I don't know anyone personaly that has got something simular installed on their late model ford V8. You are better off asking LTDHO since he said that he is running something simular to this.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Where are you located I8AHSV?

EDIT: Also, I can't find the cam on the crowcam site, what power band does it provide? Going on the wildish cams on the windsor page, this thing would be kicking in over 3,500ish?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am located in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne & no I don't have the springs & retainers. As I decided not to fit the cam I didn't bother waisting money on it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
look seriously i am not 100% sure and I don't want to give you bullshit figures your best bet would be to go to your post office and ask. I payed $22.75 about mid last year or so to get 16 Roller Rockers + 16 Spacer, 16 Bolts in a small box. It should be simular weight as this cam or there abouts so you will be looking at probably $30 and it shouldn't be more then $40.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is no ac**** details envolved just e-mail me your residential address on [email protected] and i'll COD the stuff to you... You will then get a letter from the post office saying you have a package please come and pick it up. You then go to your post office and pay for the goods. This is the safest way because you can check the good there to make sure that the goods are ok.

I will be waiting for your e-mail and when I get your details I will send the cam ASAP considering that the post office is open. I think the post offices re-open on monday so the sooner i get your details, better for you & sooner you get the cam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts