Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
a little bit sideways
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i have just got back from my mums house, and because we are oing away for Christmas, we got given our presents today.

Well, for years, I have laughed at the 'craft' things that old people make and sell. usually knitted or crocheted ugly stuff that only other old people like. for those that dont believe in karma, here is the proof. karma has just come around and bitten me firmly on the bum so hard, i am having trouble sitting down.

add drumroll here...

my mum gave me and mrs rsgerry a frilly tissue box cover :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

i am completely traumatised. what possessed her to give me that sort of crap? i was lost for words. my sister had to leave the room. my wife couldnt speak. we got into the cra and pissed ourselves. i even got the box of tissues with it.

i am off to seek counselling. :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
its the thought that counts doesn't it? :angel: :HAHA:

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Ahahaha!! That's fantastic news mate! I hate putting on fake "excited/happy" reactions, it's so hard! You told her you loved it, right?

·
Registered
847 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL that is so so so funny, how olds ya mum, OMG I would just about keel over and die. Maybe she is hinting at something, you been keeping your nose clean?

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Haha - do you now leave it on the parcel shelf?!?! ;)

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
hahaha! yeh bloody funny story!

i received a swan coat hanger off my my grandma once! i think its made out of old plastic bags!!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
roflmao
I was going to mention the crap plastic picnic set I got once, but nothing compares with a tissue box holder.

Crap factor? 100% baby!

·
Registered
104 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That is ****in great!
BWAAAA HAHAHAHAHA
Parcel Shelf! HAHA
*weeping with laughter*
OMG woo ha ha
:bowd: I dont think I will ever be able to top that for shit prezzies. One of my mates once got a plastic petrol cap from the servo but that is nothing to a frilly tissue holder :eek:wned:

·
a little bit sideways
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO...i didnt think about putting it on the parcel shelf. maybe it is a great pressie after all :)

·
1 bad 302
963 Posts
Brilliant stuff, gerry. Took me ages to stop laughing. Wife wanted to know if i was ok.

Then the wife reminded me about the pressies we have received from her mum over the years.
Wife's Chrissie pressie: One Kmart (USED) hairbrush, which still had hair in it.
My Chrissie Pressie: On opened box of (years out of date) licorice allsorts.
Daughter's wedding gift: One set of (USED) placemats, which we had bought the oldies some 10 years previous. Still had stains on them.

And as previously posted, yes, we did thank them very much.
Got humour out of those for years.

Jon

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I dont know whats worse - frilly lacy stuff or dragonV8's assortment of quality used items!

·
a little bit sideways
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dragonv8...i concede. the opened licorice allsorts and the used hairbrush are classics. i wonder if your mum knows mine? :-D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts