Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was thinking of starting a build up now just on the engine (i havent purchased anything yet im building info up first).....I was looking on the american version of ebay and they have some pretty "cheap" 351/302 etc on there for approx 3-5k brand new block and everything no rebuilds.....now i wanted to get an engine good for around 500hp it will only be a weekend car, (probably xy/xw or old school capri) now i was wondering do i go and get one of these crates from america, get an older engine (302/351) and stroke it, or get a 302/351, get forged pistons, scat crank, forged H beam rods, arp bolts, etc and throw on a HKS 51kai or HKS to4z yes yes i know why use hks, casue theyre the best at what they do, i know the turbo option would probably be the most expensive but its an idea isnt it, anyways im looking to spend around 6-7k on the engine its self and build it my self, sorry about the long confusing post, and thank you

Adzi

·
Registered
917 Posts
Adzi said:
Hey guys i was thinking of starting a build up now just on the engine (i havent purchased anything yet im building info up first).....I was looking on the american version of ebay and they have some pretty "cheap" 351/302 etc on there for approx 3-5k brand new block and everything no rebuilds.....now i wanted to get an engine good for around 500hp it will only be a weekend car, (probably xy/xw or old school capri) now i was wondering do i go and get one of these crates from america, get an older engine (302/351) and stroke it, or get a 302/351, get forged pistons, scat crank, forged H beam rods, arp bolts, etc and throw on a HKS 51kai or HKS to4z yes yes i know why use hks, casue theyre the best at what they do, i know the turbo option would probably be the most expensive but its an idea isnt it, anyways im looking to spend around 6-7k on the engine its self and build it my self, sorry about the long confusing post, and thank you

Adzi
You can cheep power in a crate here in Oz. Eagle is one that springs to mind

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts