Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the Sunday paper and couldnt believe my eyes at a Major Ford dealer ad in sydney that sell Herrod stuff. The ad was saying that they have XR8's for sale with the only engine mods being Herrod exhaust and engine managment chip and a output of 357kw that comes with a dyno sheet. Now as long as my ass is pointing to the ground there is no way a stock XR8 with only those mods are going to put out 357kw!. i can just see some guy buying a xr8 then going to a independent dyno test and getting a shock of His/Her life.I often get customers coming in and say that this person says they can do this and that yet it is impossible, It looks like there are companies out there playing the fools World hoping for the odd sucker to spend their hard earned cash without shopping around.
My advice to all is ask a million questions to different people before you buy anything.

Elmer Fudd

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
357 h.p ???

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
I've ordered a new XR8. Do you think if I go for the optional Momo gear knob the car would be good for at least 300kw? ;)

Seriously I would love to see this dyno sheet...I bet Rod Herrod would like to see it to!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
i presume the dealer is brad garlick? The figure was gained in the cobra mock up.... exhaust, ts1 module and CAI. the figure was taken at the ford versus holden day if i remember rightly and is not consistent with real world dyno tuning readouts.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Herrod better get on to Garlicks and get it sorted out or this is all gonna turn to sh%t
Just read it,It would have to be a misprint dont ya think?

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Got the mag right here.... the stock xr8 pulled 265 rwhp on a dyno.... with a herrods exhause CAI and TSI chip they got 344rwhp... so they must be now getting 357rwhp... musta been a misprint HP not kw :hy:, cheers shan.

·
Registered
128 Posts
357rwhp is still 357kW engine, give or take.
100kW over the base from simple breathing mods and a chip is a little hard to swallow. I know guys are getting those figures from the 290 BOSS, so what is the difference between the 260 and 290?

I'd like to see at least 2 "independent" dyno runs before I believe the result....as dynos can fiffer by up to 50hp for the same car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive see an Xr8 with exhaust cold air and LS1 chip pull 350 fwkw on a dyno.
So i believe it.BUT it doesnt mean it will go like a 350kw car.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
sbutler said:
Herrod better get on to Garlicks and get it sorted out or this is all gonna turn to sh%t
Just read it,It would have to be a misprint dont ya think?
hi is this you, Stephen G. Butler to elected to the board of directors Ford USA....

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
hi is this you, Stephen G. Butler to elected to the board of directors Ford USA....
My uncle.........

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
330boss said:
Ive see an Xr8 with exhaust cold air and LS1 chip pull 350 fwkw on a dyno.
So i believe it.BUT it doesnt mean it will go like a 350kw car.
Thats a gain of 90kw you understand. Must be one of those special dynos you hear about. Man i want to get my GT-P on that dyno i should be putting out around the 420kw mark(woohoo) and if i supercharge its got to pull atleast 600kw.

Elmer Fudd

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
BOSSGT said:
Thats a gain of 90kw you understand. Must be one of those special dynos you hear about. Man i want to get my GT-P on that dyno i should be putting out around the 420kw mark(woohoo) and if i supercharge its got to pull atleast 600kw.

Elmer Fudd
Yeh, it would be unbelievable power. Going of that dyno if you fitted a double chassis rail to your GT-P it would be road train rated!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts