Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Hello. I own a 2004 Ford Ranger Edge. The trim around the drivers window leaks when it rains real bad. Last week, here in North Carolina, we had 7.7 inches of rain here in Summerfield. My seats were soaked and my floorboard had a inch of water in it. Anyways, my radio has been acting funny since. The radio is stuck on one station. The volume button works like new. The only way to listen to a cd is take all 6 cds out and put one in and it will work- just cant foward or reverse , so you will have to liseten to the entire cd. I tried pushing down 1 and 6 at the same time and no code and it was stuck on the same radio station. Anybody got any cues??

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
Did the dash harness get wet or maybe the radio itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure the moisture got to it- not directly by water but by the seats and floor being soaked for 2 nights and 2 days....

·
Super Moderator
20,534 Posts
For the radio , try loading presets again ? But try this first with buttons 2 and 6

How do I reset my Ford Ranger radio?
Turn on your radio and hold the preset buttons 1 & 6 for 2 to 3 seconds, the code cycle will begin, wait until your serial shows and make note. It will look like the image below . If buttons 1 & 6 do not work, try holding button presets 2 & 6. The radio serial will display on screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts