Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi found your forum and looks great....

My wipers have decided to have a mind of there own.. when i start car they start and dont stop till i change the wiper speed back to 0. then 5mins later they will start again without touching the selector.... driving me crazy... It started a couple of weeks ago, occassionally it would do it. but now they switch on every five mins... My washers have recently stopped workin in last couple of weeks would that have something to do with??

At moment i have disconnected motor, but this wont help when it rains!!!

If any1 has any ideas on what the problem is, and how to fix would be greatly appriciated....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds like your car is possessed! I would call an exorcist!

Have you tried replacing the wiper switch/stalk?

·
Registered
53 Posts
EADaz said:
Hi found your forum and looks great....

My wipers have decided to have a mind of there own.. when i start car they start and dont stop till i change the wiper speed back to 0. then 5mins later they will start again without touching the selector.... driving me crazy... It started a couple of weeks ago, occassionally it would do it. but now they switch on every five mins... My washers have recently stopped workin in last couple of weeks would that have something to do with??

At moment i have disconnected motor, but this wont help when it rains!!!

If any1 has any ideas on what the problem is, and how to fix would be greatly appriciated....
i would say ir33t is right
i think its to do with ecu recognising a fault when u turn ign on, plug your washer motor back in but you might have to disconnect battery for awhile to clear fault i think the washer problem is probably in stalk broken plastic that hits contacts, just replaced mine with later model stalk which is one piece a temp alternative is to connect washer motor to a switch hope that helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. i disconnected battery overnight and it seems to have fixed the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts