Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one I've been restoring a 2002 Ford Escape/mazda tribute/ Maverick 2.0 XLT manual drive for the last year but have had ongoing problems sourcing parts on this side of the pond.I've managed to find a 2002 Ford escape at a breakers and have so far pulled an ABS pump and a wing mirror both the same OE number,now I've had ongoing electrical problems with my car instrument cluster light bulbs not working so I replaced those and some came back on apart from the sea belt flickers and the engine light didn't light up for test so I thought it was the relays and replaced them then some one told me it could be a short or water damage then I remembered that the drain holes had clogged up and I got water ingress which came down in the frame onto the foot well fuse box,I checked it and sure enough patch's of green on the back of some of the relays so back to this car I've found it has a fuse box exactly the same but different OE numbers and an instrument cluster but again different numbers it also has a an ECU and get this with my initials on it!...is God telling me something? So my question is ,Can you utilize/Enginear a 2002 RHD Ford escape/ Mazda Tribute 3.0 Auto matic XLT 4x4 instrument cluster, passenger fuse box,and ECU into a 2002 RHD Ford Escape 2.0 XLT 4x5 Manual drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
I'm pretty sure something will need to be reflashed. Best I can tell you is get the schematics and go from there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you purposely talking in riddles Mr "C" haha you mean the ECU needs reprogramming? Ok... I installed the instrument cluster into my ford but because it's automatic the digital speedometer showed Automatic gears which i thought was too off-putting so I didn't use it but what I thought was weird was that the actual Speedo clock only had 120 mph and for that car 3.0 the dash should of read 140 but anyway the light bulbs worked and sure enough the check engine light was on,so since I've bought the car it's had an engine check light on and faulty cluster so what do you think Mr "C" ?

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
I was referring to the transmission module, and possibly the ECU. I'd also compare the speedo with a GPS since the 2 gauges have different ranges. Beyond that, you're sort of in uncharted waters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts