Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the EA-AU Crow Cam and exhaust fitted to their six cyl? With gains of over 20% at the wheels (mainly on bottom end) it seems like it would be the ultimate bang for the buck/seat of the pants combo. $1295 for cam, exhaust and headers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep I have the Stage 2 Crow Cam, with Herrod Motorsport Stainless Steel Exhaust,Herrod big Flow Cat, and Herrod Headers with a K&N Airfilter.

Dyno proven power jumped from 106Kw at Rear to 129Kw at Rear (187Kw Fly)....however just the exhaust system cost $1600 without the install or cam!! The torque jump is very very noticeable!

Ive been told by Herrod and others that another 15-20Kw is on tap if the car is chipped.

Alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yo I have this mod done...

Here are the hard facts from the Dyno Run:

Stock EL XR6 106Kw at rear wheels (164Kw Fly)
Mod EL XR6 129Kw at rear (187Kw Fly)

Mods: Stage 2 Crow Cam (developed with Rob Herrod), Herrod Motorsport Stainless Exhaust, Big Flow Cat & Headers, and K&N Airfilter.

If the car was chipped as well, another 10-15Kw could easily be extracted...

Speak to Rob Herrod in Melbourne (03) 9464-5100 if you want to find out more.

However the cost is substantially more...just the exhaust system cost $1600 without install..however its the best for when the s/c comes along hehehe

Alex

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Alex :)

I wasn't sure if the figures on their page were there just to make it look good or if there was actually some sort of proof. Certainly sounds like it's made the claimed difference to your car. Did you find that it idles any lumpier? Do you know much about the Crow exhaust that comes in the kit I mentioned earlier? Sounds a bit too cheap to be well made (about $700 for exhaust and headers) and I am assiming it's mild steel?

Unfortunatly, I am on the Gold Coast but I did call Herrod once before when I was considering a V8 and they certainly have their act together when it comes to Fords. Sounds like the six could be the way to go because I don't want to go too spastic with the mods. I am hoping to break into the 14s, perhaps mid-14s with either an EF-EL XR6 or 8, and it seems like it's gonna be cheaper with the 6.

There's a question for you, did you ever do a quarter mile or 0-100 run?

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't done a 0-100 or a 1/4 run, but I have dragged an Integra Type R and beat it
without fuss. I have also lined up the new WRX auto and just got edged out, so I think the car is probably doing 14.9 to 15.0 flat, and this is with an auto box and 70Kg of
stereo weight. I'll take it to the Creek soon to find out.

I don't know about the CROW exhaust. Rob told me the 20% power increase was with their Herrod exhaust system not the CROW one..and my exhaust was better than the one used in the initial test. By Chipping as well (Unichip) the car should easily run low to mid 14s without a worry. The idle is a bit a rough but still very drivable. It sounds throaty like a beast with the new exhaust system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts