Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crow Billet 5.0L Roller camshaft for sale

537th lift 286 degrees duration (218 @ 50th) on both intake and exhaust with 1.72 rockers (can use stock 1.6 rockers too). Power band 1500-5800rpm. I have had it in the car for under 5000kms, it's a nice streetable cam with a good idle and exhaust note. The reason I am selling it is because I am geting the heads ported and want a wilder cam to take advantage of it.

If you want to hear what it sounds like download my dyno run ---> here (1.1Mb)

Picture of cam before I put it in ---> here

Cheapest price I have found new is $499, asking $300. Still in car at the moment, will be pulling it out in the next week or so.

Also after a set of 1.6 ratio roller rockers if anyone want to swap for my set of Yella Terra 1.72 ratio.

·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using some double row springs rated at 600th lift from memory. Technically if you want to run this cam with 1.6 rockers it is within stock spring specs for EB-EL's, but I would recomend upgrading valve springs with the cam if possible. AU's will be fine as they have better valve springs.

·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it should be fine. The tech I talked to at Crow when I bought it had just fitted one to his brothers AU XR8 ute using the stock springs and he said it was fine. The guy's on the US mustang forums say the GT40P springs can handle around 540-550th lift.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
a cam change might just be the thing that wakes the beast up, and give me a chance to put on the 1.7 rollers too..

·
#FAIRMONT GHIA#
216 Posts
hey EDXR8,
can you tell me what the power figures of the v8's that came out in the EB-ED's
and what cars the diff powers were in. thanks brent.

·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EB-ED V8's had 165kw, EF-EL1 were 170-175kw and EL2 was 185kw. ED Sprint and EB GT had 200kw engines.

·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are they bolt on rockers or are they stud mount? You don't by any chance have a part number oe what type of crane rockers they are (I see there are quite a few on their website). Also are they are in good condition, I don't think they wear anyway. BTW the ones I have are Yella Terra ST2027 bolt on ones.

·
Registered
173 Posts
they are from a au11 persuit ute
factory crane rockers
not sure if they are stud mount or screw in
they fit factory heads

·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If they were factory fitted they should be straight bolt on I would imagine. Are they still in the motor? If they are out, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of them?

·
Registered
173 Posts
i'll try to get a pic soon as possible
hey are out of motor at the moment
i got given them and was going to put them in after i change the cam
but if i can get 1.72 ratio i won't need to change cam just yet
cheers
send your email address to [email protected] and i will send pics

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Damn EBV8, I was going to jump on the rocker swap cart! Mine are from the EL windsor... and to be honest I'm not certain of their ratio. Anyonw? I'll go on the list behind EBV8 if they're suitable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts