Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUV's are not ideal for law enforcement use, and rumor around several SoCal police departments is that the CV will be reintroduced by Ford for police and taxi use only. I admit that this is a very wild rumor, but "hope springs eternal"!
A 7.3 would fit beneath the hood nicely!

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
I’ve heard that rumor since the crown Vic was discontinued. I wish it was true but I doubt it.

What Ford should have done is move it to say a modified f150 frame, added electronic stability control, added engine options, updated safety features and lights and gone full led lighting. It would still be the number one selling police car in the us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,537 Posts
SUV's are not ideal for law enforcement use, and rumor around several SoCal police departments is that the CV will be reintroduced by Ford for police and taxi use only. I admit that this is a very wild rumor, but "hope springs eternal"!
A 7.3 would fit beneath the hood nicely!
Hope you get your wish Gary 🤞

·
Registered
119 Posts
Has Ford (or anyone else) ever talked to the LEOs about what they’d like to have in a police cruiser? Or what works and what doesn’t?

Officers have to spend a lot of time in a cruiser, if I were in the business of building and selling police vehicles I’d be talking to them!

Guess I’m just not management material.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has Ford (or anyone else) ever talked to the LEOs about what they’d like to have in a police cruiser? Or what works and what doesn’t?

Officers have to spend a lot of time in a cruiser, if I were in the business of building and selling police vehicles I’d be talking to them!

Guess I’m just not management material.
It makes too much sense for the "brass" to ask the "grunts" what they want. Otherwise, the street cops have already spoken (at least in LAPD) and they all love the old worn out CV's. A Ford rep did speak to me many years ago (early 90's), but we were already driving CV's at the time. I recall mentioning that we would like more power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts