Ford Forums banner

Crown Vic making a roaring sound.

10K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jwko 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria that has a police interceptor in it. In cold weather it makes a LOUD roaring sound after I turn on the engine. But it sounds like it only happens when the engine is heating up. But it goes on and off when driving. I have to accelerate for it to go away and if I’m at a light and it does it, the car jerks forward like it wants to go. I have no idea what’s causing this. But it literally is so loud that you can hear down the road. Like I said at the beginning, it only happens in the winter! Anybody have any idea what could be causing this loud abnoxious roaring?

#7 ·
It’s just weird because it doesn’t constantly do it. It’s off and on when driving or in park. Like it can go 5-10 minutes without doing it and then boom it does it for 20-30 seconds. And goes back to just hearing the engine. It’s quite embarrassing in traffic to be quite honest with you all. Especially when everyone’s like, “What the heck is that noise?” I have put this Crown Vic in the shop multiple times just for things like spark plugs, gaskets, etc but they have never raised an eyebrow at the sound of this. Should I change mechanics or have them specifically look at what this noise is coming from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.