Ford Forums banner

Crown Vic Police Interceptors

10K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  YooperDave 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was hoping that somebody could answer my question. Can new Crown Victorias be ordered with the Police Interceptor package? I think I have heard that it is possible, but I figured I should ask you all. Thanks!

Jim

#4 · (Edited)
Police Interceptors are reserved for Police Departments. It is nearly impossible for an average citizen to purchase a new one. You can purchase a nice used one if you look around a bit. Actually there is little difference between the civilian Crown Victoria and the P71; is there some reason why you would prefer the less luxurious interior and stiffer ride of the Police Interceptor to the civilian model? :idk:

#6 ·
I would check with your local cab company. I live in San Antonio and they all drive the police interceptors. I think they by them from Houston Texas. I can tell you for sure the next Grand Marquis will probally be a Ford Crown Vic Interceptor package.
art

#7 ·
I don't know if they still offer it but the p74 touring editions come with a performance and handling package similar to the p71 police cars but with leather power seats, 16" maybe 17" wheels these days, premium sound and power everything. The only test I saw between the two was 1/4 mile and slalom and the p74 beat the cruiser on both. Probably due to it's lighter weight and lower suspension. Who wants crappy vinal seats and a rubber floor??

#8 ·
Sanitarium 73 said:
Hey guys I was hoping that somebody could answer my question. Can new Crown Victorias be ordered with the Police Interceptor package? I think I have heard that it is possible, but I figured I should ask you all. Thanks!

Jim
The Crown Victoria P71 or Police interceptor can only be ordered new by Fleet custormers, Ford defines a fleet customer as someone that has 5 or more cars registered on their name.
The only way your dealer could order a new PI for you is by them buying the car under their fleet account driving it for a few miles and selling it to you used.
PI can only be sold used to the general public.
If you're after performance, just buy a HPP Crown Vic.

#9 ·
I have to be perfectly honest. I thought I wanted a P-71 but I'm really glad I got the LX sport. It fools everyone and it rides good and it has nice seating and no holes drilled in everything.

I may be wrong but I believe the only real performance difference is the power level and maybe a little transmission reprogramming. You can run the horsepower up with a programmer... but why?

#10 ·
The only performance differance is the p71 use an aluminium drive shaft. While the p74 has a steel shaft with a damper on it. For that reason the p74 are limited by software to 108 mph or so. While the p71 might see 140mph depending on year. The perfomance up to the cut off is as good or better in the p74's not that either is particularly fast.

#12 ·
First, Hello : I have a 2007 Ford Crown Vic that was used as a Patrol car (has the Interceptor badges) I am currently trying to replace the fuel filter, I have successfully removed the clamp from around the clip that holds the filter in place, the clip from the back side of the filter ( line coming from the tank )( little whiteish clip) , when I try to use the filter line tool that I purchased from Orieley's it's like I am trying to push a concrete wall over, should it be that difficult to remove? if not the suggesstions to be able to remove the line . Have the New filter comes with clips . just need to be able to remove the lies which seem to be glued into place.
thanks in advance .

#13 ·
First, Hello : I have a 2007 Ford Crown Vic that was used as a Patrol car (has the Interceptor badges) I am currently trying to replace the fuel filter, I have successfully removed the clamp from around the clip that holds the filter in place, the clip from the back side of the filter ( line coming from the tank )( little whiteish clip) , when I try to use the filter line tool that I purchased from Orieley's it's like I am trying to push a concrete wall over, should it be that difficult to remove? if not the suggesstions to be able to remove the line . Have the New filter comes with clips . just need to be able to remove the lies which seem to be glued into place.
thanks in advance .
You are tagging onto a 20 year old post, and in the future, will get a better response by starting a new post. But to answer your question, the Garlock style connectors, common in many locations and makes, can be aggravating. The trick is to push the release tool toward the fitting (hard) while simultaneously pulling the filter (or line) and fitting apart. Also, try rotating the tool when inserted. Sometimes a different tool brand makes a difference. The cheap plastic and universal tools can cause grief. Be persistent and it will come apart.

#14 ·
Lots of penetrating oil sprayed into the connectors, then hold the fuel line in place while twisting the filter back and forth...a little bit each way at first, spray more oil into the connectors, and keep working the filter until it turns easily inside those connectors, then the connectors usually come off more easily.

#16 ·
Button should be pushed in.
With a fresh filter, it's a good idea to cycle the pump...key on for a few seconds, then off, repeat a few times, then try starting. Also listen for the pump to cycle when you first turn the key on.

The terminal can be jumped, but I would try that after testing the voltage there by hooking up the multimeter leads, then turn the key on to see if there's power there...will only last a few seconds before going back to zero volts. If good, then jump the terminals on the wire and listen for the pump.