Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just need confirmation that cruise controls are the same EA-ED , be the car 6 or V8, auto or manual. I am looking at an EA cruise into an ED.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
90% sure they are. Seem to remember reading about a small upgrade but cant remember which model year this happened

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
cruise control.????

they are those little buttons on the steering wheel that dont work!!

are you getting the momo wheel to go with that?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was looking at taking the EA Ghia wheel although if the MOMO item is a decent price I might look into it, anyone got any idea what they are worth?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
BOF 351 said:
was looking at taking the EA Ghia wheel although if the MOMO item is a decent price I might look into it, anyone got any idea what they are worth?
I'm assuming the Momo item your talking about is the jobbies fitted to the ED XR6/8.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Are your brake lights working???????

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 100 POSTS FINALLY!!!!!!:s6: :s6: :s6: :s6: :s6: :s6: :s6: :s6: :s6:

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
AusXH said:

Funny you should say that XR8chic, the 'set +' button on mine stopped working the other day.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?
Sometimes the little bit of plastic (that 'actuates' the control) on the back of the swithch brakes off, obviously then it doesn't work
Buy some superglue!:s4

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
Has the button stopped working absolutely or are you able to make it work by pressing a little harder or holding it down for a few seconds?

If you can make it work like that then you need to get some "CO CONTACT CLEANER" (is a spray can) and give it a flush out - the contacts behind the switch can get a buildup of gunk on them which makes them tardy to operate.

·
Powered by HAD
1,328 Posts
As far as i know nothing has broken, it's just stoped working. The cruise will work if i use the 'set -' button.

The break lights do work.

I've tried holding it in longer, pushin it in different directions etc... still no go.

I'm gonna take it off tomorrow and check the connections, and contacts...

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
P.S I was told to check the bit that goes to the clutch as that might be causing the cruise not to work....

its possible... cos it stopped working after I got the pedal box done.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
XR8chic said:
P.S I was told to check the bit that goes to the clutch as that might be causing the cruise not to work....

its possible... cos it stopped working after I got the pedal box done.
Don't know if it's a N.O. or N.C switch. If it's not adjusted right it wont work. The plug for it is on top of the pedal box, make sure it's plugged in.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
botch said:
hey bof, did you know that the cruise control (and accelereator) calbes are DIFFERENT (6cyl & V8)???
yes that fine, so tell me what's involved in setting up the cruise? will the green globe "cruise" be already installed? does it need anything else installed, apart from the device itself (near the brake booster) the steering wheel, accel cable, is anything else required or is it just a simple bolt together job? The Ford dealers in this town can have a cruise installed in a AU starting from scratch in about 1 hour so, this makes me think nothing major is required.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
think again BOF

Au cruises are a piece of piss compared to ea eb ones.

The steering wheel will go straight on (wiring already in column)
There is a vacuum pump mounted behind the L H S shock tower, a vacuum line runs from this to the actuator mounted behind the other shock tower, also a vacuum line runs to a extra vacum switch on brake pedal with a t-piece which taps off this same vacuum.

There is a loom which runs from the pump, through the firewall to the module, stoplight switch, dash cluster (ithink) and column.

The easiest way would be find a mates car to give you a guide to where it all goes :s6:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts