Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ED has another broken mirror (4th time lucky and always the left one).
The pin that holds the spring snaps leaving the mirror dangling and so there goes another $150.
What I was wondering if anyone knows if I could fit a mirror from an EF or EL... the part that bolts to the door looks the same as the ED but I'm not 100% sure.:(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
yeah not to sure about that, but what i do know is they manage to put the EF Mirrors on the XH ute, i reckon it might just fit, best to go to wreckers and compare where the fitting points are.

Yeah last time i got a mirror it costs $106.00 for the passenger side and they said it costs $100.00 for the drivers. Why is it different :confused: :confused: :confused:

gtho4, even if the EF mirror fits, i think the EB-ED models suite the mirrors they had, as the EF ones are roundish in shape. Thats my opinion anyways.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I bought a repro copy crap mirror for the EA. Never had a problem with it. Only $50 from a Ford wrecker brand new. After it starts fading it matches the genuine mirrors quite well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EF_Falcon_GuY said:

gtho4, even if the EF mirror fits, i think the EB-ED models suite the mirrors they had, as the EF ones are roundish in shape. Thats my opinion anyways.
Yeah it may look odd with the EF mirrors... guess I'll have to stick with the same ones.

Aussie Pete said:
I bought a repro copy crap mirror for the EA. Never had a problem with it. Only $50 from a Ford wrecker brand new. After it starts fading it matches the genuine mirrors quite well.
That may be the way to go sometimes the cheaper ones are better than the originals except for the fading part.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The originals fade too. It's just that the repro stuff has an unusual gloss to it when new.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah my car did have the convex mirror so it was abit of a bonus when i got it. It's not a bad feature.
I can't understand why they don't put it on both sides :confused: :confused: :confused:

Goes with the commodore as well only passenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts