Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why me?
i just noticed rust bubbles in 3 spots when i was detailing my car today i don't know how this hapened cause 2 weeks ago it was all normal it has grown @ the drivers side rear wheel arch, behind the rear door, and under my left tail light now im just thinking of what to do fix it or wait till the damn car falls to pieces and get another car EA-EL depending on what i have at the time

i will probably choose to fix it as it still looks controlable and any way im gonna be doing a bit of painting when i get karls bumper hopefully next week but i've still got one question

why me? as if the old ea doesn't already have enough problems that i can't be ****ed fixing and now i've got more! damn rust

·
Chasing down oil leaks...
836 Posts
I had rust in the same area mate and it wasn't a big job to get it repaired. Cost me $450 for that spot and also a large area under the rear tailight (I could stick three fingers in it!!) so for the dogleg on its own then I reckon $200 tops.

Apparently that area is stuffed with foam to stop dirt, etc filling up but it does a good job of making a dust trap and so they rust out. Just look around and see what prices you can get.

Dan..

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
not to be rude but...

for ****s sake the car is 16 years old, of course its going to have rust. mine is two years younger than yours and the rust has already been fixed twice (once by me, once by the previous owner). grind it out, fibreglass it then bog. its part of life when you own old cars.

·
oh no! I've gone ford mad
134 Posts
haha that's EXACTLY the same places mine is coming out....

Thanks
Craig

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've chosen to fix it tomorrow
i'm gona grind of all the crap use rust converter then fibreglass it and smooth it out some how

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i've just started on the repairs today (actually 1/2 an hour ago) i got to the main bubble that was on the car since i got it 8 months back i sanded it down and wirebrushed the rust of then i just put rust converter on it and thats how it stands right now. the hole is actually alot smaler than i expected it to be which is good cause i don't have much filler to play around with next i plan to work on the wheel arch and see how that will turnout

1 - 6 of 6 Posts