Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw that you were sellin your new NOS kit and UDP...did you get a KLZE??

Whatcha up to?? Turbo Supercharger??

Come on spill the beans :s4

WTF is up with these new smilies??

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
It's a good thing I held up in installing the nitrous - the bearings on the timing belt pulleys (under the timing belt cover) went bad and so did the timing belt tensioner - the belt shredded.

Right now I need money for those parts (about $300) and I have to get it running healthy before I start modding it.

And since no one is reading this forum anyway :BW: I guess I can tell you that I'm supercharging the blue wonder early in spring. Maybe earlier if I get lucky. Going to relocate the oil filter/cooler and bolt the blower in that area - I hate that driveshaft thingy that I see on all S/C'd Probes/MX-6's.

Since RR-Racing now sells custom side-fed injectors, the job has become 300% easier - I'll need injector drivers though (prolly a APEXi Super AFC), an FMU, and a few other accessories - the unit will have a liquid-to-air aftercooler.

I'm giving up nitrous for a couple of reasons:

*Refilling it has gotten expensive
*Everyone and their grandma has it
*I spend too much time explaining to people how nitrous works
*I hate the 'My bottle is empty on saturday night' feeling.

Hope to be putting about 275 at the crank by May.

That answer your questions? :s3

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it dose....

I hate paying for parts like that :angry: :BW:

Wow sounds like a fun (and frustrating) project...I'll be anxious to see the results!!

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
SC'ed huh. Can't wait, just let me be there for the install! Please:)

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Let me shock and amaze you by announcing that I've changed plans again :hit:

I couldn't find a way to get rid of the shaft for the blower, so now I'm switching gears and moving to turbo plans. LudeSpeed's kit looks good, and I should get the project running early in January...I'll let you know when the install time comes around :eek:o1:

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Sweet, and you'll actually be able to make ground contact @ liftoff, uhh I mean takeoff:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.