Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your side-skirt is getting fixed as we speak...

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
tony95pgt said:
your skirt is getting fixed as we speak...

Oh no, we're turning into PNW :D:D:D:D :damack:

Thanks Tony! I'll have to put a 'TN Racing' sticker on it when it's done ;)

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Oh, you know what I keep forgetting? Am I supposed to do anything special to the areas where the clear-coat has come off? There are a LOT of them, as I've wet sanded the whole car now (minus the roof/pillars). There seems to be no edge between the clear coat/non clear coat areas (other than a color difference).

I've taken the paint off the black door to the primer (wet sanding that thing was a *****!), but now I have the hardest part to do - the inside part of it and the door jambs...this is going to take a while :(

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welp just in case you might want to put a light layer of primer over the areas that are down past the clear and then wetsand those smoth to make sure that there isn't going to be a funky line whne painted.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
If you say the 'w' word one more time (wetsanding) I'm gonna have to start taking names! :D

I've already lost 2 sets of fingerprints to the damn sandpaper...:rolleyes:

And to think that I haven't even begun filling in the chips with the resin...oh man, do I complain a lot :D

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D:D:D gotta love wetsanding.. you can also get a pair of rubber gloves. they will help to save fingerprints. but you'll have to take them off to feel.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
I ws thinking about gloves too, but I like to feel...I guess you could say I like to 'probe'? My last g/f wasn't too appreciative of that talent of mine :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, we were talking about sanding......yep, I never knew that there is this much work involved in getting the car painted right...and to think that at Earl Scheib all they do is wash it and spray over whatever is there!:eek: :eek: :eek: :fmad: :flame: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep the better the prep the better the finished product will look

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Doh! I made a minor booboo today - I used fiberglass filler to fill in some of the paint chips instead of the paint chip filler thingie in the tube....AND I mixed it badly, so now I have 4 areas that I need to sand down with 180, then 420, then 600, then primer, then 600 wet again :(

Damn rookies :D:D

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Yep, just gave myself another hour or of sanding to do......bleah!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts