Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post :)

Recently bought a new EF Fairmont V8 Auto, and i have a whole stack of problems (some serious -- possible head gasket? -- some not so serious -- trip computer backlight, easily fixed). Anyway what I wanna sort out is why my battery / radiator level / oil level lights aren't working (they should come on when you first turn on ignition, but don't). I've swapped globes with the econ/cruise lights, the park brake lights etc, and even though i know those globes are in good service, they don't want to work in the oil/batt/coolant 'sockets'. The oil pressure level & light work and the battery charge level and warning light work on the instrument panel, but the lower warning globes won't work. Can anyone give me a clue why this would be? Don't really wanna shell out for a new dash for something so minor, yet so important.

Another question, anyone know how I can reset my radio? [standard radio cassette that came with the falcon etc], since i got no books etc when i bought the car, and i unplugged the battery while i was stuffing with the dash!

Thanks guys :) I've already found a wealth of info here :)

jasonk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, worked it out !

The deal is, my parents EL doesn't have a oil pressure / batt voltage guage on dash, so the warning light near the lcd is used. Apparently, on the higher-spec dash, the warning lights aren't used in favour of the guages... All is good ... but now I need a globe and a new water sensor :). Cheaper than a new dash hehe.

Now, to rewire the rear passenger door power window switch .. some dipshit wired it up is down and down is up!

jasonk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts