• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I saw this last month and was wondering if anyone from this or any club will be going to this event..

Please give me some feedback. I've been following this issue and posting some topics on it and this just might be a good summit for getting people involved with road-racing.

http://www.speedvisionwc.com/news/01press45.html

Take a look and let me know what ya think.

Thanks,

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Hot chics AND touring championship racing? Are people finally starting to listen to my ideas? :rolleyes:....

I will be THERE! Thanks for the link!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Futher information -update

Please check out the link for more information

http://www.hotimportnights.com/HIN_dayatthetrack/home.htm

I'm sorry I didnt know that the registration deadline was AUG 17. Please call them if you really want to try and get your car in the show or parade lap. Sorry! everyone.....

Thanks hope to see a lot of you there.

Toodles,
Stacey_B

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
I actually meant to mention that at CaPOC. I already have tickets for that weekend & a camp site :cool:

Who else is going? Maybe we can meet? I always hang out at the Corkscrew under the tree nearer the track (i.e., if the driver doesn't take turn 8A, he'll either hit me or the tree if the wall wasn't there).

Yes, the PGT is going back to Monterey! BTW, anyone else going to the Oct 13-14 weekend there? Again, I've already got tix & camping.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
I'll look 4 ya, Chris - I think I'll only go to the Sunday morning session - I love the touring cars (I THINK they are sunday morning - I'll check the schedule again :D).

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Cool. I'm camping in the general area (by the bridge over Rainey Curve). I should be driving, so look for the black PGT with the SCPOC sticker on back. That or my hat over on the Corkscrew. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris is you car registerd for the VIP parade lap at lunch time on Sat. ?

Overboost shows no more entries, yet this link is still active.

https://www.overboost.com/vision/hin4/showcar.asp?id=21

So may be there is a chance we can still get in???
Toodles, Stacey

Well I tryed it and got a confirmation number. Woo Hoo! - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed just to be on the safe side. :D :D :D

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
hmm, perhaps i sould register my car, since it is FAR more show worthy than the stacey car! :D

actually, it looks like my car will be making the trip as well. if i can get in on the track......heh heh heh.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Well, I would register MY car, but currently it is engine-less and transmission-less.

HEck, I may not even drive it in the next 6 months :(

But I'll hitch a ride there somehow...

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
No, it's not. I read about the HIN thing in SportsCar a couple of days after getting Gen admission tickets for the weekend (on a deal for ALMS & CART weekends).

I'll wait until next year to look into that. In the meantime, I'll be looking for you guys there.

·
POC Mod/Probe GT Member
84 Posts
Sounds like fun, but I traffic school that day. I actually have to go hear about bad it is to speed and dream of being there at Laguna.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Oh shoot, I forgot I have a traffic school thingie to do too! I better schedule that soon :rolleyes:

I'll still go to Mazda Raceway though...I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND if I want to see the ALMS race on Sunday or the super touring race saturday!

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Why choose? go both days! They're all interesting races.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
I would, but I can't drive both days - with the Probe disabled for the moment (voluntarily), I'm driving an '87 Pontiac Boneville that is on its last leg :D

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
I'm camping. There ought to be enough room for another tent if you want to share the space--I can make sure to grab one of the larger spots around the back edge. The more the merrier...

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Doh! I can't believe i didn't realize my computer class is saturday mornings (9-12:15)....I guess that makes my decision MUCH easier now :rolleyes:

Dang, I swear I've got Alzeihmer's.....

I'll be there Sunday for the ALMS race and maybe the one before that! I'll look for your big hat, Chris! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts