Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wanted to put some DRL on my 2010 Ghia, I see so many cars now and they just stand out as they are coming towards you, this is what I want when I have my family in the car...road presence to oncoming cars!

I got a set of DRL that have 5 LED's and each LED is 1w so i have 10w all up.

I have them set to come on with full ignition on, turn off as soon as I turn headlights on! best way to wire them!

Here is a few pics and a vid for yall, I recommend everyone to do it, great mod to improve not only safety but look great too! Wasn't hard to do either!

Jas

The before

During.

DOne

·
248 Posts
dont worry about keepleft he has some wiered posts that dont make much sense to anyone but him.haha i like the lights just seem a bit bright.

Ian

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats the idea, the brighter the better....and at night they turn off when my headlights are turned on so they wont blind anyone :)

·
Super Moderator
18,953 Posts
Over here in Europe they have just recently announced this ,

Daytime Running Light (DRL) from 2011 on all new cars
The European Commission (EC) has announced that dedicated Daytime Running Light (DRL) will be introduced on all new cars from the year 2011 onwards to increase road safety

I remember years ago when the Volvo's were the first in the UK to have them fitted and lots of us used to flash them deliberately and point to the lights . Probably childish but heard from owners it used to drive them crazy ! with some asking dealers if they could be switched off .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Canada has had this law for a bit already. Most of the manufacturers got around it without fitting dedicated DRLs by just installing a little box underhood that runs the regular headlights at like 40% power when they're not switched on or something like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
frpda205
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing