Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, how can I tell if my my 2008 Marquis is equipped with daytime running lights ? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
All 06+ panther platform vehicles had the software it just needs to be enabled in the lighting control module with either a Ford ids tool or Forscan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The manual says to activate daytime running lights "if equipped" take 3 steps: Key to On Position, Headlamp to Off Position, Vehicle Not in Park. Of course I tried this but it does not work. Is there something I'm missing in this 3 step procedure or is a scan tool my only option ?

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
You’ll have to activate it via Forscan or ids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,544 Posts
Did you know that your Ford Crown Victoria police interceptor P71/P7B has a factory DRL "daytime running lamps" option that can be turned on with Forscan (a free app). In this video I show you how to do it. If you are not familiar with how to use Forscan please see my prior video on hooking up your car to Forscan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncBE...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys thanks. I don't have the scanner so will need to head to a shop. We bought the car used so I'm thinking perhaps the previous owner deactivated the DRL. That might explain why the manual procedure does not work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gee I just called the Ford dealer. $160 to perform an "electrical diagnostic" to see what's wrong with the DRL. They said I could try on my own to check and see if both DRLs might be blown out.

·
Super Moderator
22,544 Posts
Gee I just called the Ford dealer. $160 to perform an "electrical diagnostic" to see what's wrong with the DRL. They said I could try on my own to check and see if both DRLs might be blown out.

They may have been deactivated as you suggest , Good point from dealership about DRLs , certainly worth checking if not already done so before getting too involved

1 - 9 of 9 Posts