Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Are there any real advantages with the 4000 series over the same DBA normal slotted rotors apart from the colour markings

I know they arnt avail for The ef, el yet as well

any comments would be appreciated

ash

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but dont all dba products now have kangaroo paw. I suppose i will just have to buy and try them

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
coolo . . . last time I checked they weren't available for the EL's either . . . (had actually assumed we were going to get screwed by having an older car)
Something to look forward to next rotor change :)

Damn, I just have to say, they have one of the better sites that I've seen for a while . . lots of interesting information is gooood !

For the next edit, its interesting in that it only reckons it covers till 11/96 ?!?

http://www.dba.com.au/catalogue/pdf/dba_4000_5000_9072003.pdf
Page 4. . . .

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WooooooooooooHooooooooooo Mines only the 10/96

I think the rotor thickness may have changed from 25mm to 24mm after 11/96

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet I went and bought a Mig Welder Instead, But i will hopfully get them in the next month or two

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Welding your brakes would certainly work better than using the brake pedal. LOL.

Has anyone priced the 5000 series - 2 piece with aluminium hat and steel rotor?

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sent an email to dba last night, had a reply waiting today--- Great service

I am looking at replacing my rotors in the immediate future, and have
> some questions regarding the 4000 series club-spec rotors (Part no 4132)
>
> 1)Can theese rotors be used for street driving safeley and what are the
> operating temps
>
> 2)What is the expected lifespan of the rotor compared to a standard one
> when not track raced
>
> 3)can you reccomend a matching pad compound for City, Highway, and
> Hilly, twisty roads with good initial bite (Not EBC Greenstuff)
>
> 4)Approximate prices on Rotors please
>
> I would prefer to use club spec rotors instead of slotted/ Gold rotors
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> Regards,
>

Hi Ashley,
Thank you for this e-mail,
The DBA 4000 series rotors can be used for street or track as long as they
don't exceed 630 C,
These rotors have temperature monitoring which will allow you to gauge the
core temperature,
Depending on the type of pads you fit you can expect extended life from
these rotors ,
The formula Ferodo TS2000
pads are a proven performance & street pad ,
TS2000 has been formulated to minimise disc wear without losing the friction
life characteristics,
I hope this will help you ,
Kind regards,

Will Get a price on them in the next week

Anyone reccomend any other pads and would you go for advance/ultimates in bendix

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry you cant get 5000 series apart for the Ba Falcons

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Prices from autobarn as follows

Ferodo TS2000 Pads -- $221 set (Reccomended by DBA)
4000 Club spec rotors - $357 Each

Plus new bearings $60, all up that brings it quite close to $1000 for the parts, oh and i mosewell put new brake fluid in

I think i could probably halve the cost of the parts if i ask around, which would put it in a good price catagory if they perform well

Any comments

·
TS 40
342 Posts
Has anyone fitted the 4000 series to their AU yet??? My bendix Ultimates pads are running low after only 10months of being on.So instead of machining the stock discs i want to put some slotted rotors on.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
I've got the standard slotteds - they are great. i could only think that the 4000 series would be heaps better.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
what is the actual diffrence between the two? Is it just the cooling core design? I aslo thaught that the new kangaroo paw design was standard accross all DBA vented rotors now.

·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
As i tried to say earlier yes the kangaroo paw is standad across the entire range of dba now

I have ordered the rotors at a very compediative price and am awaiting delivery in a few days time

Diffrences are : 4000 series are constructed from a much higher quality steel and therefore dissipate heat quicker and resist warping much better and also have a longer life

they are crogenically treated;Thermal Stabillity Profiling (TSP) which reduses crazing and allows quick bed in times

Heat paint monitors the core temperature of your rotor, and changes colour to suit and also help choosing the right temp pad to suit your driving

New wiper slot design improves pad contact and degassing

Avaliable in slotted or standard (I have ordered slotted)

I will have extreme problems fading theese i think, and for the price difference i wouldnt bother with anything else ( apart from a rotor size upgrade etc etc of course)

Now i need your help to choose pads as mentioned earliet ferodo TS2000 are about $220 a set . who has used bendix ultimates and what are your thoughts on them as they are about $150 a set cheaper

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
I'd also be fascinated to hear the opinion of anyone who had used the ferodo pads . . . $220 is a huge difference in price on the Ultimates. . .

Ultimates were good while I was using, but ripped the crap out of my rotors :p

Lots of guys here would be running ultimates and standard slotted dba's . . .

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
I am running slotted DBA's and the Formula TS2000 series pads. I can tell you they work well, are meant to be kind to rotors (unlike the ultimates) and I don't have a dust problem unless it rains and then they look dirty. That is good. They do squeal though, like steel on steel at low pressure. Have 6000k's on them now and will wait till about 11 or 12 as they may stop at that time, but if it looks like they'll keep doing it for their whole lifetime, they will be coming off and I'll be getting a set of QFM's. All the benefits of the Formulas without the squeal and a MUCH cheaper price to boot. I could get all four pads fitted for the price of just one set of TS2000's. Go QFM, they are a good pad. I would have got them in the first place if I wasn't in such a hurry to upgrade my std brakes after delivery.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts