Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to tell everybody that has help me out THANKS! You been alot of help.But now that I am going to pull the Motor,damm I just might as well do this right and just re-do the whole engine(1997 4.6L GT) .I found this on ebay,and was thinking maybe go .020"(3.572") oversize on the bores.Is this package a good price,and if not were should I go.Because all the speed shops here in Tulsa are way to high!!Also does any body know of a good honest machine shop to take care of my needs .020" oversize bore.Here is what this package includes for $1349.00

This is a great deal! It is a complete STREET Rotating Assembly for 4.6 Ford Modular Engine SOHC or DOHC. It includes the following TOP OF THE LINE parts for your HIGH Horsepower Engine:

KELLOGG Forged 4340 Steel Crankshaft (stock stroke and journal diameter, brand new nitrided, racing oil system, inverse radius journals-good to 1000+ horsepower)

BRAND NEW 5140 Forged I-Beam Rods (With ARP Bolts. 650hp plus!)
Manley Forged Dished Pistons 18cc 3.552",3.572", or 3.582" bore [YOUR CHOICE]-(2618 Forged Aluminum. Fully CNC Machined, Tool Steel Pins, Wirelocks for full floating, 18cc radiused dish, Your choice of either 3.552"-std bore, 3.572" -.020" over, or 3.582" -.030" over bore, good for 1000+horsepower)

Plasma Moly File to Fit Rings (New low drag racing ring set made from the best materials. 1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3mm design. Super Flat finish increases ring seal as well as the best oil control.)

King Performance Bearings (main and rod bearings from premium alecular silicon material. Precision clearances, matched sets, tough to hold up to power adders)

This is the perfect kit if you are planning to rebuild your 4.6 for up to 650hp.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Whatever you do, do this: Do not have the sleeves cut to the advertis :hy: ed dimensions. Buy your pistons and rings. Have the machinist number and measure each one, then cut each sleeve to match the ACTUAL diameter of each of the pistons and rings. You will end up with a far superior engine this way. As far as what size to go?...go all the way! While you've got it apart, do it right! Don't forget to compensate for your engine's new found glory. A lot of builders forget that a hopped-up motor will also need increased oil flow, as well as a few other modifications. Don't do the engine until you can afford to do it right. It will cost less in the long run...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freshmeat said:
If you're replacing the bottom end, why not go ahead and stroke it to a 5.0?
Thats what I am looking into right now.The 5.0 kit comes with Kellogg 4340 Steel Crank(stroke 3.750) a +.207 jump from stock,also Manly 4340 H-Beam Rods,Manly Dished Pistons (9cc,17cc,or 23cc).Thinking about going with the 9cc and .020" over bore.Plasma Moly File Fit Rings,and Federal Mogul,King Bearings.Just have to wait a little longer,the price $1950.00 with $75.00 to ship.Found a local shop that will clean,bore,hone,and install everything for about $750.00.Just a waiting game now.Thanks,c_shark1980. :hy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts