Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think I would have to post on FF about this, but things have changed.

Ok, I want to get an EF eventually. I have emailed Tickford and they have confirmed that they had a 'Sports suspension' kit for it. Apparently to get this today I would take the car to a dealer for it to be done. Does anyone know what this would cost me??

A friend is interested in a NA\NA2 Fairlane, and apparently Tickford Sports suspension was an option. I am assuming that the same procedure would apply??

All comments welcome,
thanks.

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. at that sorta price I'd go for that over a Pedders SportsRyder.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
What bits do they change, and is this available for a non IRS AU?
Bushes, springs, shocks. Bushes are changed by replacing the entire arms and is a critical part of the package!

All is available for non-IRS cars - in fact at Tickford they have a line just doing the non-IRS sports suspension.

·
2,153 Posts
I'm surprised to hear you can get the Tickford suspension fitted at a latter date by the dealer. Seems like its the best option.

Only problem would be the labour costs of getting it done at a ford dealer. Anyone been quoted a total cost recently?

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I also would like to hear about prices..

One question: Do you think they have a choice of ride heights??

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
SIM EF6 said:
One question: Do you think they have a choice of ride heights??
No. Depends on the model you have.

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
There were ads for this kit in Sydn Trading Post a month or two ago. 600 and something $ - DIY fit. Shouldn't take more than two hours for a handly spanner. Springs, shocks, bars and bushes.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Getting the Tickford kit put under my EF Ghia a couple of years back cost me about 800-900 dollars from memory. :rolleyes: This was done at Ford Ballarat and they done a great job. And oh yeh it was definitely worth it. Handled pretty tight after that. :cool:
Russell.

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glad to hear !! was beginning to wonder what people actually thought of the kit.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
SIM EF6 said:
glad to hear !! was beginning to wonder what people actually thought of the kit.
If it the gear that was under EL XR's etc then ride and handling are good, I personally am going to go the whole hog and get my EL Ghia lowered, sports shocks etc........I still think that Tickford leave em sitting too HIGH. Though have been quoted 1300$ for what I am after.........

Jas

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Ford do market a Tickford suspension kit for EF/EL and AU1 without IRS. The kit contains front struts & springs, rear shocks & springs and a bump stop for above the diff.

There are no bushes or sway bars in the kit, so its a bit of a half measure in real terms. On factory EF/EL tickford susp the trail arms were different, placing the diff housing on a different angle.

Pricing is around $650ish from memory

1 - 14 of 14 Posts