Ford Forums banner

Dealership cannot diagnose problem

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  85ltdcrownvic 
#1 ·
2019 Ford F150 STX 2.7L Eco Boost engine. I was driving at around 75mph and slow down to exit the interstate. I slowed down to turn and as soon as I made my turn my truck started running erratically. I was low on fuel so my first thought was water in fuel. Then I got a dashboard message that my pre collision sensor was inop. Then the truck started running normal. I stopped got fuel and continued on. I had to stop and run an errand. When I restarted my truck it would barley go over 20mph. The engine light was now on. I was able to slowly get it up to 70mph. I went straight to Orielys and had them put the OBCD tool on it. Should throttle body position sensor was bad and possible the gas pedal sensor inside the car mounted to the gas pedal. I limped it home now it won’t go over 20mph no matter what I do. I replaced throttle body position sensor and disconnected battery and turned on lights and let sit for two hours. Then I connected battery and started vehicle and let it sit for 30 minutes idiling so it could relearn the new throttle body. It didn’t work. All these lights starting flashing. Air bag light, hill assist light pre collision light, traction control light, ABS light. I limped it to a well known mechanic. He could not diagnose the problem he said to go to the dealership. I went there they had it for over two weeks and used good know parts off a donor truck. They replaced computer and auto body sensor and it made matters worse. The replaced engine harness that didn’t work. They tracked each wire in the big harness found nothing. All fuses checked. Trans wire connections all checked, nothing. They said we cannot figure this out and said if I wanted to come pick it up and take it elsewhere, they wouldn’t charge me. I lost confidence in their ability to move forward so I picked it up. I have it at home trying to figure out how to get it fixed. HELP!!

See less See more
#3 ·
All grounds checked. All fuses checked. PCM replaced. Throttle body position sensor replaced. Throttle pedal position replaced. Two main wiring harnesses replaced. No voltage or continuity at 6 PIN CONNECTOR on throttle pedal position sensor. I don’t know if that is normal when truck is in limp mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.