Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just me ranting away...please bear with me for the next 2 minutes.

So my question to you fellow blue-blooed fans is
"What courtesy vehicles have you been offered at your Ford dealership?"

Why do I ask such a question? Well, let me explain. I recently (Thursday) spoke to a lady colleague at work who bought a Ford Focus (4 door hatchback) a couple of months back. Apparently the fuel gauge is not working that well. She sent it to the workshop to have it fixed and was told that she will not have her vehicle back till Tuesday (the earliest). She wasn't too happy especially when she was not offered a courtesy vehicle by the service department. So what she did was to turn on her "charms" (which I think are not working on me or I must be GAY or something...which is not possible I reassure you guys) on the salesperson who sold her the Focus. Guess what? She was quickly offered a BA Ford FALCON FAIRMONT for the entire bloody duration of the service!!!!! F-A-R-K me!!!

For the entire duration of me owning my XR6, I have been offered courtesy vehicles ranging from EL Falcons (6cyl but not XR) to AU Fortes, and in worst case scenarios a Ford KA, Fiesta, or Focus (no offense, they are good cars but just not to my liking!!!). And to make things worse, she is being taken care of by the same dealership that I frequent. Not forgetting the fact that she is unattractive (to me) and she's F.O.S.

Yeah yeah, some may say this is really minute an issue, move on. I'm just curious how the dealership decide on which vehicle to offer as a courtesy replacement. I had the impression that a similar range/size vehicle will be offered to the owner (maybe smaller but hardly bigger).

What are you thoughts on this guys?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
My Mrs had the guage fixed in 4 hours!

She had a lift to work, or was offered a car for the period required

I myself had to eithr pay for a car $35.00 when I had a xr, or with the T series range, always had one ready aka the FPV experience

Cheers

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
I always get a late Fairmont usually. Last time it was an AU II Fairmont Ghia, not a bad ride but gezz it was dirty and smelt like pig shit!

·
354 Posts
Ok here's my list

Heaps of AU Falcons, Usually Forte.

I Once had my car booked in and the dealer stuffed up the booking, so i had a go at the service manager, and then drove out and went to work, the dealer principle then sent out a Brand New demo Xr8 AUIII with 70km's on it to my work. I had it for 2 days and returned it with 350km's on it.

Have also had recently a Focus, and the service managers Fairlane.

The service manager knows i've had more than my fair share of problems, so is usually pretty good about getting me into a decent car.

·
Cheerful Idiot
1,614 Posts
With our AUII XR8 in, we've had an AUII XR6, AUI XR8 (with a different dif in it... wheeee!), BA Fairmont and a BA XR6 Turbo. Was also once given an AU Fairmont wagon for a day to do some towing as ours doesn't have a tow bar.

Gotta love it! Good bunch of guys...

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Well, I've never owned a "new car" however with the XR6 I have now I needed to take it back to New Oak for some very minor fixes (oil guage earth and power window switch). Not only did they do them without issue (sure, bring it in, we'll fix it right away, what day suits you best sir?) but they gave me an AU3 SR for the day free of charge. It was clean, fuelled and even had a number of CD's in it for my listening pleasure.
I'll keep saying it, I will only buy a Ford from New Oak Ford from now on, they have won me as a customer for life (or until the service dies).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Eastside Mitsubishi gives you usally a Lancer or Mirage when I service the magna :(

When I get the company car serviced at Mazda I usally get a mazda 1, which I need a tub of pig fat in order to get in and out of it (so bloody small!)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread...

HOTDBZ said:
Apparently the fuel gauge is not working that well.
This must be a common problem with Focus's. My wife's Focus CL has intermittent problem -that is on some days it works, on others it stays put on empty (even when I know the tank is full).

WHat is the cause, and is this how it starts out until in totally fails ?
Was there a recall for this problem ?

In terms of courtesy cars, I never get offered on unless I ask for it !
..and thats at Strapp, Bayfords and Courtney and Patterson. And if I do ask for one, they tell me it costs $25/day.

·
2,922 Posts
My Focus doesnt have any problems, try the Focus forum for an in depth talk about the fuel gauge. Click here for the latest topic on the fuel gauge.

Back on topic....

When my Focus gets serviced, I get another Focus (one of three they have) to use. On a previous car, I got a brand new AU (at the time) when it needed some warranty work on the wheel bearings and hubs.

Just seems to be whatever works out for them at the time! And fair enough too!

Cheers... Tim

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Well with both cars I had serviced at my dealer (barina and now falcon) I was always given a courtsey car free of charge (only after i got off my p plates). I have a had a range of vehicles, from KA to AU fairlane. My dealer has always provided me with a vehicle knowing i work shift work. Even when I don't give them notice I am still provided with one. So no complaints as yet. Dealer is David Nutter Ford in Berwick.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
my dealer charges 30 a day for loan car. which is ok for "regular service" i guess. if it was many days for fault i may not think so kindly.

last time it was au3 forte, made me glad i waited for ba

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
I couldn't justify the dealer charges when mine's in service so I get pointed in the direction of the 64 wheeler (train), which is nearby and cheaper!

A

·
0 Posts
VR HSV Clubsport
Paul Radishich (sp?) LTD edition Telstar (V6 manual= quick)
Toyota Echo
Festiva
Laser XRi (those little 3dr sporty hatch (around 1998), feels like your sitting higher than in a van)

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Never been offered a courtesy car... in fact when i bought my car was shown around the service area and told how much it costs for a loan car when mine is in for service :(

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
The dealer's get no money from Ford for lending courtesy cars, most times these car’s are booked a week in advance, and I had a Focus twice and a XT Falcon twice. The only charge is Petrol & there is a $25 option you are offered to reduce the insurance excess on the loan car from $2750 down to $300 if you smash it...

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I have had the odd loan car experience however it seems that when I stepped from XR8 to Pursuit it all went down hill. My car has spent well in excess of 10 weeks sitting at the dealer and in that time I only asked for a loan car when I really needed it. The only time that expectation was met was when the dealer principal was able to provide a Ford Escape for approx a week and a half.

The rest of the time the dealer was 'booked out' and FPV never tried to provide a car saying they don't have them (well, do you have an account at Hertz or something you %[email protected]*^$).

I am truly MAD at the amount of time my car spent off the road and where I had to bust my chops to get myself around. And especially since at the end of the day the result was that the car had a safety design defect.

Sorry, low marks from AP.

As for my AU XR8 days I typically got a Laser or AU Forte. I don't care much about what I get as long as it is roadworthy and clean.

·
BAII XR6T Driver!
571 Posts
When our BA XR6 was off the road for a week getting work done we got an AUIII Forte. Personally I couldn't fault the car. Was in a very tidy condition, both inside and out.

So yeah, I can't say I had any complaints. Well, lol, apart from it being an auto :s6: Hehe but thats just me :wnc:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts