Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I decided that after going thru a bunch of photos, I didn't like the door badging or hatch badging - I was even considering taking off the fOCUS badge, but thought better of it later.

I first started on the CL door badges, as I figured this was less noticeable than the rear hatch if I screwed it up. I had a fair idea they were only double sided taped on, so I just used some dental floss to get behind the tape. Using a constant pressure, I just lifted the badge from the car. I stopped halfway thru, to check it was going ok, took a photo (below).

Little did I know this was going to be far easier than the others. It left a nice outline of grime (below) that was removed with Meguiars Bug and Tar Remover.

So happy with that, I started on the driver's side. However, the tape came away from the badge this time (pictured below), and nothing I could do would pursuade it to stay on. So I had to remove the tape separately. This was more of a pain, and required some Meguiars attention to remove it all.

Below is the side of the car with no badges, just the lines of the car standing out now. Although the sun probably glared too much in the photo.

After that was completed, I head to the back of the car. I decided the fOCUS badge should stay, as not every knuckle head knows what the car is yet, and might look a bit bare with no badges. So the engine badge was removed, and cleaned up accordingly.

Completed product is below, just a bit cleaner than before. I think it accentuates the lines of the car, keeps the car looking a bit smoother.

Now, I just have to wait until mid March for the hyrbid bodykit, exhaust, and suspension (which won't be done until the kit goes on). Oh, and the custom plates should be here in a week or two as well! :wnc:

Cheers... Tim

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Nice Tim, very nice indeed, how hard were those rear lights look good, how hard were they to install ?

I think i will leave the badges on my car tho, but thanks for the info on how to do them :)

Cheers

Chris

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks.

The rear lights were the easiest mod on the whole car, although until the wheels and spraypainting, was the most expensive.

You need a torx bit set to undo the one screw holding the light on, when you open the hatch you can see it in front of your face. The other thing you have to undo is a nut, accessed inside the hatch, right up below the light, you have to lean into the hatch to see it, but you can undo that by hand. Marcus from Infocus Motorsport helped me install them when I bought them.

I circled where these are on the assembly above. You need to replace the clear globe in the factory unit with an orange globe for my particular lights, but otherwise they just slide straight in. A couple cable ties were cut though, that tied the loom to the light, seen below!

So after the bulb was changed to orange, they were both inserted into the new unit, and simply screwed in place as the old one was, result as seen below. I like the fact that they aren't big plastic red peices when you open the hatch now the most.

And this picture is just one, getting back to the original topic, now that the sun is less glaring, to show the lines of the car a little better without the badges. :shrug: I like it anyway.

Cheers... Tim!

·
mmm, non - dentable doors
330 Posts
Bloody awesome timmeh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sexy!

The car not you

wink wink :wnc:

danny

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
Good work Tim looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
looks good mate ,now just lower the thing

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Nice, looks awesome mate... now you just install the RS bodykit, add the RS badges and smoke everybody.. he he. I like it. Good job mate.

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha RS badges, no thanks. Don't like cars that are badged something that they are not.

After taking the car out today with Dan and his family, I really like the change, happy I did it. Now for the rest of the mods to come! :fraz:

Cheers... Tim

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Somewhere around 500 bucks from Infocus Motorsport. Probably the best mod I have done as it seems to draw the most comments, along with the wheels. There is a resource page on the Euro Club website if you want to check out all the different types of Focus lights in the world.

www.geocities.com/eurofordclub

Cheers.. Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts