Toyota Kluger 686
Holden Monaro 158
Astra Convertible 98
Holden Vectra CDX 251
Mazda RX8 105

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Falcon sales not too bad for a December. Fairlane doing pretty well but the ute is not doing too well against the Commonwhore ute although 1700 is still a really good month for the ute, right up there as one of the better months it has had. Good to see Monaro still going downhill. Makes you wonder how long it would last here if not for the GTO.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
WTF!!! We're being outsold in utes. 90% of the new utes I see driving around are BAs. Where the hell are all these commies? Spose I should start checking brakedown lanes and garages.

Donno

·
Registered
582 Posts
rather "WIERD" how you tend to see more BA's on the road but holden always sells more.......wierd indeed. ive seen 3 crewmen to date. and even less base model holden utes

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yeah i some times wonder about these figures too because i see so many BAs on the road.
Cheers John

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
2. Ford Falcon 5331 38.5
which is 5330 plus mine!
or is mine counted in jan 04? It was registered in my name on dec31 but i didnt sign the fianal tranfers papers and pick it up til jan 2nd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think you guys suffer from the same problem as me. I hink it's purely because when we feel a tingle down our spine, it's a sign that our inbuilt Ford radar indicates the presence of a beautifully crafted blue-oval bearing beast - so ofcourse we look and take notice. When a Bombadore drives past, we yawn, look up at the sky and think about what we'll do on the weekend. There are probably more Crumpledores out there, but they just don't catch our attention.

·
Blue Blooded Ford Man
1,619 Posts
All those cardigan wearing old men must be getting back into the trusty Fairlanes again. Great news.

Now, if they could only give the G220 a heart! It should be at least the G290.

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
The reason why is because ever idiot in adelaide owns a commodore! U see hardly any of them in adelaide. For every 10 commodores u see 1 ford!!!!

·
Editor on P Plates
2,482 Posts
cheahman said:
The reason why is because ever idiot in adelaide owns a commodore! U see hardly any of them in adelaide. For every 10 commodores u see 1 ford!!!!
Yes, but remember half the state's workforce works at the Holden assembly plant so they all get a staff discount too.

If it was that cheap and I was that big a sheep, I'd probably buy one too.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
yeah i can imagine more Holden's sold in Adelaide because they are being built there and thus the SA folks will support their product,while the good people of Victoria generally will buy the Ford product with the manufacturing plants located here and being more favourable to the Fords.
Cheers John

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
I'm from Adelaide and to be honest there is a remarkable amount of Ford support here considering Holden is manufactured here. The plant is in Elizabeth and every time I drive down there I am always surprised on how many Falcons, especially BA's are driving around. Despite cheahman's comments I would say for every 2 Commodore here I would see one Falcon, except the new XR's where if we are talking VY to BA, I would say it's an onslaught for the XR6 vs S and about a 2 SS to 1 XR8 ratio.

I must say I have seen alot more GT/GT-ps than VY HSV's for sure.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
*:wnc:mezmarized by GTP 320's avatar :wnc:*

I can vouch for the commodore being everywhere here. You just cant escape them. We have a bar in Salisbury called the V8 superbar and from what I've heard, if your a ford fan your gonna get bagged win,lose,or draw. All the Holden workers, supporters, dole bludgers & 16yo mothers with 20 kids from Elizabeth (ferralsville) go there, and completely out number any ford owner. Good luck when you get back to your car if its in one peice.

Yes, unfortunately the Holden boys rule strongly in Adelaide.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
I've seen a few Klugers around, and also an Adventra a couple of days ago which looked like a private car. (have you seen the high-mount stop light on those? It's a LED strip that goes almost full width across the top of the back window)

Were Adventra sales numbers listed?

·
Registered
911 Posts
XR8 Lamah said:
urgh. I'm just depressed they sold so many of the damned kluger things :puke:
I'm not, the Territory looks far better, should out drive it dynamically and so if the Ford marketing is spot on, indicates that there is a very big market out there for this size AWD.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
its good to see the fairlanes doing well, means there will be more to choose from when they get down to my price!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Well I'm glad the figure's for the Falcon are up there with Australia's best selling car, the commode and have been for the last yr, I'd be a bit worried if the commode kept selling every month at it's figure's and the Falcon went down,but every month we seem to be roughly 1000-2000 car's behind,wev'e stayed steady just as the commode has, so the Falcon cant be doing to bad,they may have pipped us at the line in the ute's but that's just that, they only just pipped us and once again the figure's are pretty stable every month,so all in all the Falcon is holding it's own againt's the commode.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was reading the other day that the Adventura wasn't being released for sale until the end of Febuary and that the Avalanch wasn't bening released unitl March!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts