Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now with a sizeable discount I don't know what to do.

XR8 and option up nicely comes to $56188. And only 200kW.
TE50 comes to slightly more but I can't handle the bright red seats (and prefer the XR front end).

What a dilemma! :confused:

Anyone know if FTE would scrap the red inserts if I screamed hard enough?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
You have a choice of three seat covers. Two leather one blue the other red and the cloth option as well. Maybe you could get the standard leather from Xr8 if you ask, but if you don't like the front there ain't much point

T

·
0 Posts
I know what I'd do. (hint hint)
buy a cheap XR8 (another) at auction, ex-chaser, pay $20g's, go to brookvale imports, buy a 5.8, stroke the bastard, take it out to 6.4 litre, spend another 10g's on LTD interior, decent sound, decent wheels, and still have change for a drink... how do I know, ask me in a months time.:wink2: :wink2:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Mmmmmm

New car:p

Go the T series

Standard seats, upgrade to leather as per the XR's

Put on an XR Front

19 Rims

XR Series 1 spoiler.

:fmad:

T

·
0 Posts
solid mounts.
remove sound proofing from under the bonnet.
you then have approx 2 inches of space.

nice option and cheap. I'll drink to that

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Have you seen a Blue TE with the colour coded bumpers and matching blue leather? Id love one of those with Minges wheels on it. The back end looks avg but thats the same with any AU for my taste. As much as i love the XRs lights so much better i think the TEs dash is equally better than the XRs. Why not wait and have a look at a stroked TE it could'nt be much dearer. Dont know about no exhausts though.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LAMINGE has my sort of taste!

HSE2: FTE say no to doing the XR grey leather. Bummer!
They say they've tried before, however their fix is to replace the inserts at dealer level before delivery.

Here's an idea for the front end:
On a Venom or Silver car don't use the contrast inserts and paint the light bezels in charcoal black instead of body colour. That would look neat and solve my problems.

Even better:
Convince FTE to do the 220 engine on my XR8 for a fee!

My brother is ordering an XR8/TE too. So maybe they could do a deal for two? I gotta work out who to talk to me thinks......

DOCTOR: go to Fowles Auctions at Moorebank for XR vehicles. Ford sell their corporate cars through there and some are very nicely optioned. Cheaper than ex-cop stuff too!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sort of - all you need is a dealer bidding ID. Surely DOC has contacts that could lend one to him for a day? :wink2: ;)

Just one hint - I bought a HSV Press Car a few years back. They're faster than the normal cars!! Guaranteed. Mine passed standard Clubsports with ease..... Go figure.

Fowles also gets the press cars when they're finished with them (not FTE cars though which are auctioned only to FTE dealers over their video links).

T

·
0 Posts
it is possible to lend one, been there done that, **** hit the fan, when they invoiced the company. the old man was'nt to happy when he found out he bought some second hand car's. accountant was'nt to pleased either.

I'd rather see my mate at enfield holding yard for a chaser though. mainly for the police suspension, and chip etc.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DOC - who do you know at Enfield? Don't tell me it's that small a world..... Initials would do....

T

·
0 Posts
the world is small grass hopper. reverse physcology does'nt work either, no initials....cant reveal source, would have to kill ya. you understand......the old saying when your on a good thing.....:evil:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Am on same deal. Must be same person. I know nothing whatsoever. Nothing I tell you!

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
MMM I know a decision I could make - sorry guys it's a 2001 Galant VR4, twin turbo V6, 205Kw but a cheap computer chip away will get you 250Kw.
Oh did I mention it has AWD. :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D

DAMM IT! ok I'll take the TE50. :evil2:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
J-type said:
DAMM IT! ok I'll take the TE50. :evil2:
Geez... near had to give you a caning there!! :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Remember I drive a Ford not a Holden... I can catch anything... :eek:
Just remember, you'd be surprised where rep mobiles can get to... ;) :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
10 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing