Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 ghia 5.0. extractors, 2.5" exhaust, u/d pulley and k+n filter so far.

ok. next thing i'm doin to me car is intake manifold and roller rockers... i've already decided to go with yella terra 2027 jobs since i like the stock cam.. but i need advice on what intake to go for.

first i'll start by saying what i want out of it, instead of the typical vague 'what is best' queries.

i want a manifold that will pref be good flowing for a 5.0 which during its life may likely never see more than 250kw(maybe more if stroked), and a power range going up to 5500. however i may need headroom because as the engine is just about to hit 225k, i may need(want) a bottom end rebuild and if i d0 that, i'll be putting a 3.400" throw crank in. i.e. going to a 347. my manifold will have to be able to cope with the extra flow needed.. (porting??)

bottom line is, i want good torque, but also decent power up top and mid range. sure, i'm asking alot, but these forums are full of questions, so this shouldnt be out of place.

currently i'm looking at the Edelbrock Performer 5.0 and the TFS Street Heat. TFS is cheaper at $914, but the edelbrock($1085) has a removable plenum cover, which would make porting heaps easier..

is there a major difference between these two manifolds?

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
Either one will give you plenty of flow, but while on the stock engine the trickflow will loose you some low down torque compared with the edelbrock. Once you go stroked, it really doesn't matter that much because you have tons of low down power.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Low end?? Yes under 1200 rpm or so then your gone.. Your choice is right above. If you know what your doing you can change the runner length and bigger plenum with the Edelbrock inlet to suit rpm range but remember you can't go back...The RPM is equivalent to Track Heat...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts