Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delay Hits Hot Focus Launch

The launch of Ford's Focus RS has been put on hold. With 210bhp going through the front wheels, engineers are thought to be unhappy with the hot hatch's handling.
The RS was expected last month, but won't now arrive with customers until late October.

News of the setback came as Ford added the Focus Black special edition to its line-up. The 1.6-litre model has metallic paint, a leather interior, air-con and top-of-the-range stereo system as standard. It's priced at £12,495.

Anyone else see that Ford Aus is having a second look at bring the Focus here?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
With that much power through the Front wheels, it could take the 'torque steer king' crown from the TX5/MX6 Turbo ;)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the paper last week they were talking about a 38K price for this car. With the way the WRX looks now even if the price blew out to 42k it would still have to sell big numbers wouldn't?

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
If they brought in the Focus RS for under 45g, and for some reason don't buy an AV, I would get this Focus without a doubt.

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
Surely the AWD Focus Cosworth would be the car to compete with the WRX in Aus?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The Mighty XE said:
Surely the AWD Focus Cosworth would be the car to compete with the WRX in Aus?

I think the Focus Cosworth AWD (due in 2003??) will compete with the Impreza STi and Lancer Evo both in performance and price....

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JEM said:
If they brought in the Focus RS for under 45g, and for some reason don't buy an AV, I would get this Focus without a doubt.
And I think I might be there with you. Hard leaving an eight but you never know.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I know they keep apdating the Jap cars but the were designed nearly ten years ago.I wish Ford did have an equivelant for under $40k,I'd like to see that.Here!

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I heard there will be the stock 1.6litre focus coming in with a price in the high 20K price bracket and the 171kw rs turbo for bout mid 40k. Id love to see the AWD focus of 2003 come to Australia and compete directly against the Sti and evoVII (evo VII should be in Australia by 2003/04 if ralliart get thier act together). But with a price range im guessing no smaller than 80k it would me more of a "haves only" car. Still would be awesome if ford could have a 4 banger, turbo 6 banger and an 5.4V8 AVGT dominating, in australia atelast.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big Block Ford said:

HSE2 why not have both.Leave the 8 for weekend blasts.

I have thought about that more than once, but there is only so many cars a guy can own;)

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Cobra said:
I heard there will be the stock 1.6litre focus coming in with a price in the high 20K price bracket and the 171kw rs turbo for bout mid 40k. Id love to see the AWD focus of 2003 come to Australia and compete directly against the Sti and evoVII (evo VII should be in Australia by 2003/04 if ralliart get thier act together). But with a price range im guessing no smaller than 80k it would me more of a "haves only" car. Still would be awesome if ford could have a 4 banger, turbo 6 banger and an 5.4V8 AVGT dominating, in australia atelast.
And that's just the sort of lineup that should be available in FTE showrooms. Turbo Focus, DOHC Turbo XR6, Special edition XR8 maybe, the T-SERIES range, and the GT's. Now thats a showroom I'd like to visit....:nuts:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JEM said:

And that's just the sort of lineup that should be available in FTE showrooms. Turbo Focus, DOHC Turbo XR6, Special edition XR8 maybe, the T-SERIES range, and the GT's. Now thats a showroom I'd like to visit....:nuts:
Me too and I guess you would have to add the stang or 300+ model as well.

I like the idea of the special edition XR8 being an FTE car. Just hope they don't call it anything to do with Craig. I argee Ford needs to get their moneys worth but not like that this early in the piece.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Yeah HSE2 I've really been Thinking about that Ford should Make a FTE Special XR8. I know Lowndes is a gun driver but I do think it's still to early to have a car named after him. Theres other drivers just as, if not more deserving than Craig. I reckon that Radisich is but he's a Kiwi so I couldn't see that Happening. I can understand why ford will make a Lowndes XR8, They are hungary for the Performance market again, and that's what we really want to see. If I were to choose a name of a special FTE XR8 id prolly call it XR8 GT. Have it with a V8supercar styled bodykit racing recaro seats premium brake's 6 speed manual and a 280kw+ engine all as standard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts