Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Tried a search so apologise in advance if it's already in the system.

First time ford owner so am not sure how go about fixing this problem. I am after a normal and wiring diagrams of the weber carbuteror that is on an 89 xf falcon ute with the 4.1 L motor.

Car runs fine except the idle is very poor with the motor continually stalling at lights and intersections etc. I assume that either an idle jet is blocked or I think there is an idle solinoid which may be jammed or not working? Am looking to check these options but have not worked on one of these before, hence my need for a diagram.

Any suggestions on what causes and solutions maybe are also most welcome.

Cheers
LR.

·
Registered
141 Posts
littlered said:
Hi

Tried a search so apologise in advance if it's already in the system.

First time ford owner so am not sure how go about fixing this problem. I am after a normal and wiring diagrams of the weber carbuteror that is on an 89 xf falcon ute with the 4.1 L motor.

Car runs fine except the idle is very poor with the motor continually stalling at lights and intersections etc. I assume that either an idle jet is blocked or I think there is an idle solinoid which may be jammed or not working? Am looking to check these options but have not worked on one of these before, hence my need for a diagram.

Any suggestions on what causes and solutions maybe are also most welcome.

Cheers
LR.
Spend the $25 and put a carby kit through it. The rubber in the power valve and enrichment valve perishes playing havoc with your idle and economy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
To check to idle solenoid, wind the idle screw up so that it will idle OK, about 800 or 900 rpm. Pull the wire off the solenoid & see if it makes any difference to the idle. You can also hear the solenoid click when you put the wire back on.
The idle jets also block up. Look above the solenoid, towards the top of the main body & you will see a brass plug with a flat-head slot. Unscrew it & the idle jet is in it. Pull it out & blow it with compressed air. There's also one on the secondary side, do the same.
See if that cures your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts