Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a diagram on installing/removing the radio/tape player 1988 and later models. Just thot I'd post cause someone else wanted some diagram....

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Guillermo...

What about putting this up on the site????

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, go for it. Hell, I got a bunch more diagrams sitting on my hard drive. I'd love if the tempo high performance site got bigger and better. In fact Im working on a few articles hopefullly they will get posted.

I will scan some more diagrams etc from my tempo book collection.

Who is going to put them on the site?

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, your 2 door is sweet. Mine is a 2 door from 88, white. ITs a lot like your original car without all the sweet stuff. Except I've got mercury topaz bumpers and a grill instead of fake front light. Its pretty tight, but your rims did do wonders. I want to do that too, but dont have the $$ at the moment :( (student)

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Those Diagrams

They look very similiar to the ones I have, but mine show part numbers instead of their names. My diagrams are more technician oriented, but lack descriptions. Since our stereo section is pretty bare, I can throw the stereo diagrams up.

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
diagrams

Thanks for the comments on the car =) I loved the way my car looked, but it was either time for a new car or time for a change. It took some work, but I love the way the car looks now.

As far as rims go, if you want to add new rims to you car... it's good to look for factory rims that someone is selling. When someone gets a new set of custom rims, they typically sell their old rims at a good price to help pay for their new rims. Contour rims, Focus rims, Cougar rims... those would all look really sweet on a Topaz. Check out www.contour.org for the classifieds section.

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Stereo Specs

I put up the diagram you sent me that's stereo related. If you have any other stereo related diagrams, send em over to [email protected] and I'll put those up as well. Thanks

·
0 Posts
Package Tray?

Ok guys the diagrams would be much more helpful if I knew what the package tray is and where it is located. Im tryin to find that premium sound stock amp but I dont think I have it, kinda weird, all my speakers have "Premium Speaker" on the bottom & I have the Tape Deck too...Uh was the Amp an extra option in addition to the upgraded speakers? or was the whole "Premium Sound" a whole package deal?

O

·
0 Posts
The package tray is the rear deck. The panel that the rear speakers are mounted to. The premium amp should be mounted underneath it in the trunk. You'll have to remove the cover to see it though. It's held on by 3 plastic push screws near the trunk opening.

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was gonna say what Olympic said. He is right. I have a diagram on how to do the removal and all that. I got another book to add to my collection yesterday at a garage sale. The amp is indeed hidden in the 'luggage area' aka the trunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts