Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I lose my mind? Spoiler idea... UPDATED WITH PICS!!!!

Vin Diesels RX7 is in the Sept issue of Super Street. I fell in love with it when I first saw the movie and I couldnt wait to see more pics. I didnt like the wing at first but as I keep looking at the pics its growing on me and now IM actually thinking about adding a similar spoiler to my probe. Now I KNOW the probe is NOT an RX7, but I think itd go well with the rest of my car. Not the same Veilside spoiler of course (that one is over $800...) just something small, simple, light and discreet, like a 6" tall flat, short, single deck aluminum wing. I used to laugh at these stupid aluminum wings but the one I have in mind kinda changed my perspective. I cant get this out of my head but on the other hand the last thing I want is a "riced-out" PGT. Major :thumbdown:
What do you guys think? Its either this, my original old Supra style spoiler or maybe no spoiler...
Please lemme know what you think, I cant seem to make a decision... :(

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Do you have a picture that I can go by? I saw the movie but I didnt get a good look at the spoiler.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know what you mean. I too was trying to ignore the wing while watching the movie cuz I didnt like it at first...

Funny you mentioned, Im planning on getting a third gen RX7 myself. I was thinking about a twin turbo 93-98 Supra, but I like the RX7 better. Or if I grow up by than Ill just get an M3 ;) .

Sorry to hear about your problems at work... Maybe next week will be better.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on people, I need some opinions here for crying outloud...

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
hmm.

after careful review, i've come to the conclusion that i do not like any wing/spoiler that is not stock.

the veilside wing on vd's rx7 isn't too bad, but i just don't like the sight of it on the probe. the wing above doesn't look right at all, but most of the time i see similar wings on civics and preludes, so i guess i'm a little biased against them.

i would say whatever floats your boat tommy. if you like, heck, that's all that matters right? :cool:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx guys! I think I have to do it anyways, I keep thinking about it and I think the spoiler would look great with the appearance mods that Ive done... I know it will lok great from the rear (with the FX rear pieces and the muffler I have...) and from the front (FX front, M3 mirros...) Im just not sure how itll look from the side... But than again Ive had the Supra style spoiler on there and it didnt look great from the side. Hmmm... I think itd be a definite improvement, Im just not sure if its worth the $ at this point (since Im broke right now...). Keep em coming guys!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gil Starr said:
How about some pics of what it looks like now?
LOL, read the other post. Unfortunatelly, I dont have any pics now, but Ill take some soon. Maybe Ill just have the guys at the body shop fill in the old holes on the hatch and leave it without a spoiler for now til I get the new wing...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That wing's not too bad, I've seen a hell of a lot worse, that's for sure. You know, now that I think about it i was parked next to a Jetta earlier that had that same exact wing, looked aiiight. What kind of rims you got Tommy? I'm just trying to visualize the "style" you're going for. Whatever you do, ditch the Supra wing! No wing would look clean too. HTH
Steve
Fury93 on PT
Hey, I emailed you, hit me back

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ViperBluGT said:
That wing's not too bad, I've seen a hell of a lot worse, that's for sure.
:D Thanx, not exactly the kinda response I was hoping to get but I appreciate your honesty guys. Id probably respond the same way just seeing a pic of only the spoiler, but I still believe itll go well with my car.

Steve, to answer your question I got 17" maxxim 187s on right now, I like them a lot they are just simple 5-star rims - kinda similar to the ones Mikal has, not the same style though. Full FX combat kit, M3 mirrors, shaved emblems, yellow paint - shoulda been finished this summer but looks like my "paintjob fund" will go towards my tuition now... :(

Anyways, I know its kinda hard to imagine but thats what itll look like.

·
SCPOC/Probe Member
48 Posts
I think it would be something unique and different (Kinda like my car!!!) I think you shoud go for it despite the negative comments... I think it would look really good.

·
SCPOC/Probe Member
48 Posts
dmark101 said:
hmm.after careful review, i've come to the conclusion that i do not like any wing/spoiler that is not stock.
The Xenon wing is the bomb daemon... I think its even better than the stock wing on first gens...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx 89Probegirlie and Quadcam, Im still not sure though. Not because of the negative responses, the "haters" cant change my mind :)P j/k) Im just not sure if I want to have a "riced-out PGT. See, with the yellow paint and the potato-shooter type exhaust I dont expect to get much love from the probe community :(. But hey, its my car... I think itd look look. I guess Im just gonna have to buy it and see.

T
-still hesitating...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts