Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I`m sorry that I`m writing about my problem in this section - but I really didn`t find a Ford Transit section.

I`ve got a ford transit from 2010 - cargo version
And today randomly while driving - the engine died in the middle of the road, I`ve tried restarting it and it worked for a couple of minutes while showing me that the temperature was above 120 degrees Celsius - It died again when I was close by home, and I tried restarting it - it worked for 2 seconds and died again - and the radiator fan started too.
Are any Ford experts here that may help me or at least answer my question?
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
11,172 Posts
Is the coolant low? Was it really running hot? Is it still not running? O'reilly's will check what codes it has for free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the coolant low? Was it really running hot? Is it still not running? O'reilly's will check what codes it has for free.
The cooland seems fine, today - I tried to turn on the car and as I introduced the key and put it in ignition position - the temerature meter went instantly to over 120 degrees - and the car wont start

·
Super Moderator
11,172 Posts
Does it crank over? Do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it crank over? Do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key on?
Yes I can hear the pump!
But it just doesnt want to turn on..
May it be the temperature sensor?
I havent used the car for 1 day - it was cool , and when I`ve put the key in first position - it showed me over 120 degrees and can it be from car`s computer - to not allow to start?

·
Super Moderator
9,349 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have a short in the sensor or the wires going to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Daniel, Just wondering whether you got your problem sorted? What was the actual issue and how didi you solve it? I have a Transit doing something similar. Thanks for any info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts